“They must be kidding”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I would rather eat frozen dinners at home. I can't believe this place stays in business. This is not food.

1  Thank JWF721

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice family place to eat, lots of people during Happy Hour....we went on my daughters 21st birthday... had lots of fun at the bar, and hors'd'vours... yum yum...had a great time...

Reviewed August 20, 2011

We tried or should I say, I tried their 2 for $20. My female companion had the fish and chips, fish very tasty, chips very salty. I opted for the deal and had the shrimp cocktail replaced for an appetizer of equal of less value (probably a mistake) in the form of the boneless chicken wings with moderate heat. Served in the traditional way with celery sticks and ranch dressing these wings were not a great offer. Sauce very salty and I should have known better and stick with the shrimp cocktail. On my two entrees I opted for a chicken breast that came with rice and topped with mandarin oranges (for sure they were from a can) and had a sweet teriyaki sauce. Also came with a generous serving of steamed broccoli (is there anything healthier and more boring at the same time?) and for the second entree I chose the 7oz petite sirloin steak with sweet potato fries and cole slaw. The fries were okey, I liked the coleslaw for it was not made with too much sugar and tasted refreshing and good. The steak was done medium rare and was very acceptable. Two coffees that were brought on large mugs and had a very nice taste, well worth it! For dessert we had the strawberry shortcake ice cream which was a lot of vanilla ice cream (generous serving) strawberry topping, one small real strawberry, a small slice of pound cake (a little passe in freshness but barely) and whipped cream. Nice way to end my personal pig out. Cold glasses of water on the side (tasty this water, either they have a filter or something, for it tasted crisp and free of that distinctive taste of tap water in southern california. I am not being disrespectful but it does have some kind of added ingredients and maybe that is why the bottled water business is booming!) and that was it. I give it 4 Stars because we were treated very well by an absolutely gorgeous hostess. My God, If I could only have something like that for dinner next time (forget me, I am just blabbering) and never once was our table forgotten despite a fairly packed house. I think they try to please and it shows. My female companion enjoyed her fish and not the chips for as I pointed out they dish out salt like if it was free and I had to try a few to corroborate her opinion. She was right (of course, she is always right!) but she turned joyful when the dessert landed and all previous criticism disappeared the moment she had the first taste. Nothing makes me happier than see her happy so therefore I thought that overall, mishaps and positives, a score of 4 Stars for this particular TGI Friday is in order. They are generous in their servings but must point out the noise level is on the high end for they do offer a vast selection of spirits and I can surely understand why people would choose it as a water hole (howdy pardner). That hostess will stay in my private collection of exceptional hostesses, which are rare as of late so the good ones are worth remembering. Good value in this case for the moola spent! 4 Stars!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Over past 6 months have become somewhat of a regular at this location due to special promotion discounts and "Give Me More Stripes" program.. Always busy and food has never failed to meet or exceed our expectations. However, notice beginning to get a bit "skimpy" on desserts portions and noise level high.