“Mehhh....”

Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Didn't feel like going out, so the hubs offered to run over to BJ's for takeout. After a longer-than-necessary wait, he returned only to open up the bag and (wait for it -) discover that half of our order was incorrect. Rather than fight traffic, we sucked it up and ate anyway. Naturally, it was lukewarm and wasn't anything special. I'd return if it were one of very limited options, but that's about it. Overpriced for the cardboard fare you get.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just like all the other BJ's, this place is fantastic. Great food and great beers. Staff is always nice and friendly. Haven't been to a BJ's I didn't like! Right across the street from the Laguna Hills Lodge which is a very nice hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The place hops during happy hour. Great drink and food prices in the bar. We have eaten in the dining room and the food tends to be on the "heavy" side. You can order light items, but it's a hearty menu.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

With all of the possible choices for our daughter's 18th birthday celebration, we chose BJs for our party of 10. While our waitress was nice, she was not attentive at all after the food was ordered. A deep dish pizza that was ordered came out cold; a pasta dish ordered with extra sauce on the side came out with nothing on the pasta and only a little on the side; and the shared parmesan crusted chicken ordered with an extra plate and extra sauce came out with no plate, no sauce, in fact, dry... and 20 minutes later, when the food was cold, the sauce and plate finally arrived. Also, when the waitress was asked about the price of a pazookie platter, she said about $15, it was $18.95 on the bill. For the 10 of us, the total bill with tip was $170, and this was not worth it at all considering the marginal service. Therefore, it is unlikely that we'll be returning. As far as for 2 out of 5 I gave, I would've given a 1, but the food actually tasted decent, even though most plates were cold. Again, $170 for cold food is unacceptable. Note: I used virtually the same wording on the company website with zero response for a week now.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I tried BJs many times - I love deep dish pizza and that's what BJs is about. But they premake the pizzas, refrigerate them and then cook and serve and I've had cold pizza too many times now.
The beer selection is their key feature - but they aren't exactly to my taste.
I've found another deep dish place that's great so I don't go to BJs any more.