The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Denver , CO
“Newly remodeled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

his use to be a Holiday Inn. The outside may look dated but the rooms have been updated. The rooms are clean. The bathrooms are modern. It has a modern look with nice lighting. The staff is friendly. The rooms are large. The staff is friendly. Good rates can be found on line. I did not try the restaurant. The Restaurant has limited hours.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie_Torres, Rooms Division Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Frankie,

I know we already wrote to each other on Yelp, but I wanted to thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor as well. As a small independent hotel, your support really means a lot. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Ronnie Torres, Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

As modestly priced traveller hotels go, this place is top-notch. Very well built (read: sound proof), excellent staff (and lots of them), helpful front desk. Had breakfast at the restaurant once, and it was good but (not surprisingly) expensive. There are other places to eat within 1 mile.

I've stayed here several times and never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Fourth floor overlooking the pool. Other side looks out over the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie_Torres, Rooms Division Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks Mickey! I'm thrilled to hear that you've never been disappointed during all your stays with us. That's the goal! I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their excellent service. Hope you get a chance to visit Laguna Hills again soon!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Front desk service was very friendly and customer service oriented. I felt very comfortable immediately upon arrival and knew it would be a pleasant stay. Sure enough, it was. The room was nice, clean, and roomy, and the bed was very comfortable. This was a business trip for me and I had a choice between this hotel and a couple of hotels closer to the coast. This was my choice due to abundance of free parking and free internet as well. Plus, I was literally only minutes from the coast for a quick sightseeing trip. I'm very happy with my choice to stay here and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Poolside view rooms are nice!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks Greg! I'm happy to hear that from our friendly service to your clean and spacious room, your overall stay was comfortable and enjoyable. That's the goal! I hope you had a productive (and fun) business trip, and I look forward to your next visit.

Garden Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I haven't been traveling in the area for several months but i'm glad to be back at The Hills! Customer service is always great! I love the newly renovated rooms especially the bathroom! The hotel seems to be very busy and fun especially at the lounge! I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Try their newly renovated room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much! I love that you love our hotel that much. I'll be sure to let the team know you appreciate their excellent service and all the work we've done to renovate and modernize our interior. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

4th floor ugliness. Wacko interior design. Horrible bathroom fixtures. Wierd ramp from lobby to elevator, practically ran myself over with the luggage cart. IF you do stay here, request a room on a remodeled floor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Ed and Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As you mentioned, we are currently remodeling our entire interior and updating each room with new fixtures. We're confident these changes will have a positive impact on our future guests' experience. If you have any constructive suggestions for us to improve, please let me know.

Tustin, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to a business trip to neighboring area
Nice and cozy but not really welcoming staff. It's right off the freeway, but that's the view from your room as well.
Pool and gym are OK...
Relatively close to any where in the area

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. While I'm glad you found your room nice and cozy, I'm alarmed to hear you thought our staff wasn't very welcoming. Do you mind letting me know what you experienced in more detail? As for our amenities, it's our goal to offer our guests a clean and comfortable place to stay that's conveniently located in town. If you have any suggestions on how we can better serve our guests. Please contact me by phone at 949 586 5000 or by email at rtorres@thelagunahillshotel.com. Thank you!

Best,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and daughter and I stayed for about a week at the Hills Hotel and had a very pleasant stay. The price was very fair for the accommodations. We would stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our staff is very dedicated to customer service and goes above and beyond to make sure our guests enjoy a wonderful stay. I'll be sure to let the team know you appreciate their great work. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!