“The Hills are Alive!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Olympia, Washington
“The Hills are Alive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a gem of personal attention and quality service. We were impressed with the hotel though
part of it is being remodeled due to new ownership. Surprisingly good food with healthy, creative
offerings served by a very attentive staff made our stay a pleasure. We met the new owner as we were checking out and were impressed with his devotion to his clientele. Quite impressive.

1 Thank 128Travelgirl
Ronnie_Torres, Front Office Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear 128Travelgirl, Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent visit. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Ensenada, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very nice property; great room; wonderful food and drinks in the little bistro/bar. I have passed this hotel many times on my travels between Los Angeles and San Diego. I am very glad I finally stopped and look forward to my next stay.

1 Thank Thomas G
Huntington Beach, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a seminar. It was very pretty with a clean environment.The staff was extra helpful and friendly. The seminar was held in The Crystal Ballroom which is beautiful! It'salso pet friendly. I ended up extending for another night just for fun!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank hbluvangel
Paso Robles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was well priced and a great location for visiting family. I was expecting a busy business hotel and little else. At curb side there was a large luggage cart which signaled me that it was self serve. On check in, the staff were very attentive, professional and helpful and I'm sure had I requested curb side assistance with my luggage they would have complied. The room was well appointed and clean. The buffet breakfast was what would be expected. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ChanticleerVineyardB
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Checked in around 9 p.m. on a Wednesday so not really a busy time. No one outside so my daughter and I had to load our luggage onto a cart by ourselves. Check-in went quick as I had already done everything online. Front desk asked if we needed help with our luggage. I said that we could obviously handle our luggage on our own but someone following us up to retrieve the cart would be helpful. No one did. Instead of leaving the cart in the hall I finally brought it back downstairs. When the front desk staff saw me he just smiled, not offering to take it from me or anything so I took it back outside where I found it.

Inside: the water at the sink takes a minimum of 4 minutes to heat up to a reasonable temperature to wash your hands. Thought this might be different in the morning if they had the water on a cycle but it still takes that long at the sink which is an incredible waste. Strangely the shower does heat up right away. Of three towels, the top one had long black hair twisted in its fibers so it went on the ground right away. Of the 6 pillows on the two beds, 2 of them had brown somethings stuck to them. I checked the extra pillow in the closet and then just decided to sleep without one. The room was cold and the heater was terrible. After being grossed out by the pillows on my bed my daughter requested that we sit on her bed to watch a movie on our computer. Unfortunately the heater is right next to the bed and sitting next to it was like watching a movie with someone pointing a hairdryer at you the whole time. When the heater feels that it has reached the appropriate temperature instead of turning off it starts blowing cold so you are constantly having to turn it off and on. When we went to sleep my daughter piled up pillows on that side of the bed to keep the hot air from hitting her in the face. When we left the next morning, 3 hours earlier than planned just to get out of there, the women at the front desk didn't even say anything as we passed.

The only good thing about the hotel was the location which was perfect for our needs at the time, and the surprise of an empty fridge in the room which was helpful for us.

Will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Front Office Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear lovetotravel900, I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. Unfortunately, we do not have a bellman available in the property but our guest services agents are available to assist at anytime. The condition of your room is definitely not within our standards. I have shared your feedback to all of our department heads and will be implementing better training to avoid this type of inconvenience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Hoover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited the Hills Hotel and stayed for a week for a corporate meeting. The staff is extremely friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are nice although the bathroom is a bit small and cramped. Although I had no issues I did hear of other members in my group who had issues with hot water. The restaurant and lounge is great and the wait staff is extremely accommodating. The meeting space is great. And it was used for wedding events after our stay and I expect it is perfect for that as well. Thanks to everyone at The Hills for making our meeting venue great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Front Office Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear David G, We are honored to have you and your company here at The Hills Hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great staff, modern decor, clean and comfortable. I appreciate what The Hills Hotel is doing for South OC -- bringing out the contemporary style! We've been there several times over the past few months and it's obvious they have been working hard to completely redo the whole place.
The last time we stayed, we got one of the newly remodelled rooms with the most stylish bathroom. The price is great and it far beats any of the other corporate chains. We were in town visiting family and didn't have time to lounge by the pool and spa, which I imagine would be nice on a warm day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Anchi M,

Feedback from our valued guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!