Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Courtyards was beautifully furnished and decorated. If I say it's freeway close that is an understatement. It's on a frontage Road going south on the 5. If you were any closer to the freeway you would be siting on the shoulder with a AAA truck behind you. I don't think the noise in the rooms at the front will be a problem as it is most likely triple glazed. Strictly business persons hotel, it is close to the Spectrum so if that is your destination on a weekend with a great rate it would work with children. The beds are so comfortable!

Room Tip: The beds are to die for!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Actually our windows are quadruple paned for maximum sound reduction. Please come visit us on the weekends, not only are we close to the spectrum but Laguna Beach is only 6 miles away and you don't have to pay those Laguna prices.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed with my wife and son at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum. We stayed there twice in the same week, for one day each. By coincidence, both times, we had the same room with two double beds, room 201 which was quiet because it overlooked the parking lot in the back of the hotel. It was large enough for our four suitcases. The first time I checked in, they let me spin for extra Marriott points which were added to my account.

The positives,

• The location is very convenient with easy access to I-5.

• Check-in and check-out were friendly and easy. There are parking spaces near the front and the side entrance so that it was easy to load and unload the suitcases using the trolley.

• The wi-fi was reliable and strong enough for live video streaming of a match between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

• The bistro in the lobby provided a good selection of food items for a quick breakfast, and the lady behind the counter was very helpful. If you have time for a more substantial breakfast, you can drive to Polly’s Pies in Moulton Plaza.

• The room was clean and well laid out with the traditional Courtyard availability of electrical plugs—just right for three people who had to charge devices at the same time.

• No neighbor noise.

The negatives,

• We learned that at most Courtyards the maid didn’t forget to put out a shower cap; you just have to ask for one at the reception area. On our second stay, we asked for one when we checked in.

We had an excellent stay at the Courtyard, and we felt it was an exceptionally efficient and good deal, especially on weekends when the rate was low.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you got some good bonus points on your elite member spin. Please some visit us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

No more free lobby coffee at Courtyards with "bistro" concept. Was told that too many were buying Starbucks at the bistro so they did away with the free stuff. Huh? More like the other way around. Bad move on Marriott's part. They will alienate alot of their business and Rewards members. They are encouraging guests to make their own in their rooms! Otherwise, hotel is OK.....can't really get away from the constant "405 roar" even on the backside. Front desk clerk in afternoon was very friendly and offered bonus points for my stay....a plus. Weekend advanced rate was very good for SoCal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments, we are constantly seeking and reviewing feedback from our guests. I will make sure your comments are shared with our brand team.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has an older feel to it. Well worn but somewhat clean despite the stained carpets. The front desk clerk was extremely polite and friendly. My request for extra towels was met promptly as well. I usually stay at courtyards and have come to enjoy the convenience of their breakfast buffet. This one had food to go that was outrageously priced. Additionally, I had to attend a meeting in the morning and when I returned needing my coffee fix around 10:30 there was no longer any coffee around and the front desk lady said they don't offer it all day. Most of the other courtyards do. The topper was when my four year old left his prized possessions in a backpack in our hotel room.They couldn't find it. I knew exactly where it was... but after their "search" it was unable to be located. No blame on the front desk... I know they looked for it... but it didn't grow legs and walk out on its own. Obviously the result of an untrustworthy staff. Just sad.

• Stayed: February 2013
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me when you have a chance. I would like the opportunity to speak to you about your stay at our hotel and see what we can do to make it better.

Sincerely

Marc Schlesinger
949 859 5500

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The staff was so great. We had a great time. Even if there was an issue they handled it so nicely. I would highly recommend this hotel. The convenience to the freeway is great as well. The pool and tennis courts were also very nice.

Room Tip: We got a studio, would probably get a bigger place next time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We made a pit stop at this property on our way back to San Diego and I was pleasantly surprised. I called the hotel earlier with a question and when I checked in the front desk agent remembered our conversation. She made me feel welcome right away. There was a little bistro in the lobby so we ordered some desserts and an appetizer. The servers there were very nice too. The hotel lobby was inviting and the rooms were clean. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. I wish we were staying another night so that we could enjoy the outdoor pool. I would definitely come here again even just for a weekend getaway. It isn't a resort, but I love that it's super close to Irvine Spectrum.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ryze619
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time review our hotel and I thank you for your kind comments about our staff and amenities. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here for three nights recently. Hotel staff was ultra-friendly and welcoming during my entire stay.
PROS:
Hotel lobby is all new and updated. Nice made-to-order breakfast was nice to have. Drinks in the evening were also nice.
Good location near SNA, Spectrum, etc
Rooms were quiet, no slamming doors (which I loved!)
Nice outdoor pool/patio area. I would have my morning coffee there each a.m.
NEGATIVES;
Hotel is next to the freeway. My room view was the I-5 10 lane freeway
Not really anything nearby, that is, you have to drive to do anything: restaurants, shops, etc.

Overall, this was a nice Courtyard with great staff. I had a good rate which made the stay even better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Brklynrider
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your nice comments about our staff. Our goal is make sure every guests receives exceptional service. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the all of the new amenities we added during our recent renovation. Our location near the freeway gives our guests easy access to all that Orange County has to offer with many of those attractions being less than three miles away from the hotel such as the Irvine Spectrum Entertainment center, Improv Comedy Club and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. I hope that next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Hampton Inn & Suites Mission Viejo
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County

Been to Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County? Share your experiences!