All reviewsstayed two nightsnon smokingwould stay againfreewaycleanlinessbeddingcerealcalifornia
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Two couples stayed two nights at Comfort Inn Irvine Spectrum upon our arrival at Santa Ana airport beginning a three-week tour of California. We were thrilled that it was just minutes away from the airport, wonderful food, and the first stops on our itinerary. In fact, we liked it so well that we booked it again for one night before our flight out of Santa Ana.
It is so quiet that you would never know you were close to the Interstate and a great mall.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

We thank you for your kind words and appreciate your recent stay with us.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

I am a Choice Privileges member and have usually always enjoyed my stays at Comfort Inn locations across the country. Unfortunately, I cannot say that about this property. I stayed 3 days, mid-week and was extremely disappointed with this property.

The room was clean...that was about all I can say to recommend it. There was a fridge but no microwave-in spite of being assured there was. Also, no shampoo, conditioner, etc. When I went down to the front desk to inquire, I was given shampoo only, and was told they didn't have microwaves by an extremely rude clerk. I had forgotten toothpaste and although they had a sign in the room offering amenities you may have forgotten, I was told they didn't have any (not just toothpaste-no amenities at all).

In the morning, I went down to breakfast and unlike the usual Comfort Inn deluxe continental breakfast, found no fresh fruit, juice, muffins, bagels, etc. Also, no USA Today papers. All of these are standard and are in fact advertised as being offered on the properties own website.

When I inquired, I was told the fruit had been "rejected" and all the papers gone-all 3 days of my stay. I question that as the property was virtually empty. Additionally-if the fruit delivered is unacceptable, how about running up the street to a grocery store since it is something you advertise as offering?

While staying there, the TV broke. They did replace it quickly, but with a TV that had no sound.

The spa was filthy and I was disappointed that it stayed that way all 3 days.

I would absolutely NOT recommend this property and suggest you try *anywhere* else.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

Let me apologize for your stay experience. Let me assure you our staff has been trained to ensure that you enjoy your visit to Laguna Hills. We have addressed your concerns to ensure that this does not occur again. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 7, 2008

I was looking for a place to stay in the area. Some of the reviews scared me a bit, but other nearby hotels I was considering had even more terrible reviews, so I ended up choosing this one. I think remodeling is done. The bathroom looks all new, a new tub and granite shower walls. My room was pretty spacious. No 5 star hotel, but I was pretty happy with the hotel. There are so many places to eat in 5 min drive. Very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA448, Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

We thank you for your kind comments. Our renovations have now been completed and we welcome you to visit us again as we have made several changes to our breakfast option to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 30, 2007

My stay at the Comfort Inn Irvine was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I arrived at the hotel at the correct check in time, but was told the room would not be ready for an hour. Two hours later, we were allowed to check in.

The bathroom was filthy. I could tell that somebody had used the restroom between the time it was cleaned and the time we checked in. The bathroom was falling apart. The air conditioner was also noisy.

There were construction workers repairing the hotel right outside of our room. They began work before 8AM and were very noisy.

I sent a detailed complaint to corporate Comfort Inn and received no response, although they decided to add me to their advertising mailing list.

Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank Capn_Ryan
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2009

My sincere apology in regards to your stay experience. Our inn has completed its renovations and many guests are praising the look of our new rooms. Please be assured your comments are taken seriously and we have implemented steps to assure workers do not begin early in the mornings.

Reviewed April 18, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel and agree with some of the comments. It is in a great location, the staff is friendly and they are trying to make things better. This place has been under construction for over a year. AGAIN A WHOLE YEAR. I have been a frequent visitor for the past two years and have stayed during the construction. I was just told my rate is going up by $30 thats a little too much in my opinion for the work they have done. This area is an hard on the pocket book and this place was one of the last few hotels where I could get a room for under $80 and get air miles.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank jadookissne

We thank you for staying with us over the years and appreciate your business. Our renovation was to last a shorter period, however it lasted longer than expected since more was added. Our renovations are completed and we thank you for loyalty over this period.