All reviewsstayed two nightsnon smokingwould stay againfreewaycleanlinessbeddingcerealcalifornia
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I was looking for a place to stay in the area. Some of the reviews scared me a bit, but other nearby hotels I was considering had even more terrible reviews, so I ended up choosing this one. I think remodeling is done. The bathroom looks all new, a new tub and granite shower walls. My room was pretty spacious. No 5 star hotel, but I was pretty happy with the hotel. There are so many places to eat in 5 min drive. Very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA448, Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

We thank you for your kind comments. Our renovations have now been completed and we welcome you to visit us again as we have made several changes to our breakfast option to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 30, 2007

My stay at the Comfort Inn Irvine was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I arrived at the hotel at the correct check in time, but was told the room would not be ready for an hour. Two hours later, we were allowed to check in.

The bathroom was filthy. I could tell that somebody had used the restroom between the time it was cleaned and the time we checked in. The bathroom was falling apart. The air conditioner was also noisy.

There were construction workers repairing the hotel right outside of our room. They began work before 8AM and were very noisy.

I sent a detailed complaint to corporate Comfort Inn and received no response, although they decided to add me to their advertising mailing list.

Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank Capn_Ryan
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2009

My sincere apology in regards to your stay experience. Our inn has completed its renovations and many guests are praising the look of our new rooms. Please be assured your comments are taken seriously and we have implemented steps to assure workers do not begin early in the mornings.

Reviewed April 18, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel and agree with some of the comments. It is in a great location, the staff is friendly and they are trying to make things better. This place has been under construction for over a year. AGAIN A WHOLE YEAR. I have been a frequent visitor for the past two years and have stayed during the construction. I was just told my rate is going up by $30 thats a little too much in my opinion for the work they have done. This area is an hard on the pocket book and this place was one of the last few hotels where I could get a room for under $80 and get air miles.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank jadookissne

We thank you for staying with us over the years and appreciate your business. Our renovation was to last a shorter period, however it lasted longer than expected since more was added. Our renovations are completed and we thank you for loyalty over this period.

Reviewed August 29, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 22 & 23. We stayed in room 108. During the evening of Tuesday, August 22, we were out at the pool, sitting with our feet in the 'hot tub'. As we were sitting there we saw a large rat run along the inside perimeter of the main pool and jump in and then out of the pool and run back along the inside wall where it quickly scurried back into the landscaping. We notified the desk clerk the next day and then saw another rat run from underneath some stairs to the corner of the building near the ice and vending machines. We notified the hotel manager (Kevin ?) on the morning of the 24th as we checked out. He apologized but basically said the hotel sits near a creek and that 'wildlife' is to be expected in the area. I'm sorry but rats are
not considered 'wildlife'. They are rodents that should not be tolerated anywhere near the property. He also stated that they contract the Orkin company for pest control but obviously they have not been effective in rodent control.

My wife is a travel agent and has the opportunity to recommend this hotel to other travelers. Under the circumstances she will certainly not be doing that and told the manager this. I would have expected the manager to offer some sort of compensation for our disgusting experience with their other 'tenants' but he was very guarded in that respect and offered nothing. We told him we would also be giving his
hotel as low a rating as possible on the Internet in an effort to warn
other travelers of their rodent problem. Kevin should have been extremely concerned and very apologetic. He was not.

I think under these circumstances that full compensation for our 2 night's stay was in order but he obviously felt otherwise as he offered nothing. I wrote a letter of complaint to the sales manager of this particula property and have heard nothing. I noted in my letter that if there was no compensation in the offing that I would have no alternative but to forward my letter to the Choice International Hotels and the Irvine Chamber of Commerce and let them handle this situation.

I also informed them that room 108 is in dire need of renovation. The decor is stark, the stopper in the sink drain did not work properly and the towels are threadbare. I travel almost every other week and my stay in that hotel was not a pleasant one and I would never consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

We thank you for your comments. We have a service that does our pest control.

Reviewed July 21, 2006

I stayed here for 4 nights - on business. Many from my company also stayed here. The motel - it is a motel - is in the process of updating some of the rooms - v e r y s l o w l y -. I did not have an updated room. There is no closet - you hang your clothes by the sink. Over the tub was a light fixture with an oversized florescent or halogen light hanging out the botton. Nothing about the room is appealing to the eye or to your comfort. When I arrived the tv didn't work, but it was fixed right away. Later, the toilet stopped flushing and overflowed (thankfully I was on the ground level and the floor had a drain near the toilet ) - but it was also fixed right away. There is nothing a tourist would enjoy close to the motel - such as shops, restaurants (other than a Carl's Jr and a Coco's) so you need to have a car. The so-called breakfast was A W F U L! It has been a long time since I've seen such an unpleasant assortment of food. Yuck. We would have moved to another hotel if we could have found one in the area that had a room available.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We completed an extensive makeover at the inn. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and have redesigned all guest rooms and bath areas including all public areas. Please come visit to see the new changes.