All reviews stayed two nights non smoking would stay again freeway bedding cereal california
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I travel every couple of weeks to see my fiancée and wanted to be close to John Wayne Airport and be able to head to San Juan Capistrano or Dana Point in a relative short time.
The room was big enough and clean and nicely laid-out. I reserved the whirlpool and found it to be roomy and delightful. Mind you, this is not a complaint but turning on the jets shot powerful blasts of water that extinguished all of the carefully lit candles around the whirlpool. Yes, we found the control to turn it down but laughed about the powerful jets the whole evening. The hotel was very convenient to access the freeway, close to the Spectrum, and quiet although very full with guests. Staff was very cordial, breakfast was good, and we had an enjoyable time. I will go back.

Room Tip: Try the Whirlpool
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wavemasher
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights with kids water polo team for a tournament. This is a small motel just off the 405/5 freeways. Staff at check in was friendly. Room was fine for what it was. It was clean, 2 dbl beds. Bathroom on small side, sink was outside tub/toilet area. Internet was free but spotty. Others in our group had issues with hairs in the bed, a blood stain on mattress, and a smoke smelly non smoking room. We had no issues.
Breakfast was average to poor. Room was small as we had big group all there at once. On regular day it would be fine. Food was average. Cereal, toast, waffle maker. Fruit was whole not sliced and there was some disgusting gravy dish. We did eat it both mornings, as kids just had cereal and I had a waffle. Others in our group skipped it the second morning to go else where.
I needed an extra blanket so went to front desk. Women was very helpful and brought one to me fresh from the dryer.
Motel has a small pool area off parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel for years and it increible to think we stayed at the same hotel thats talked about in alot of the reviews. The front desk staff is very nice and helpful
( John, Fatima and Sarah ) John had a taxi on time for us to go to concert at the verizon wireless amphitheater. We got back late to the room the bed comfortable. Maid always do a great job, Im very picky about a clean bath tub in a hotel and its never been a promblem at this location towels too and I did get one with some back spot and had it replace imidatly by one of the nices maids sweet lady cant think of the name. The continental breakfast closes at 9 to early afther a concert but Fatima did make coffe and gave my husband a couple mini muffins. She when out of her way to please us, turned on the tv in the BK fast area and made sure we had what we needed. She told us about Laguna Beach being 10 minutes from the hotel and Im we just had to see this town in all the years we been to the comfort inn we never had the time to visit outside of town we usually just stay one night and drive back to Arizona. We asked to stay another night and took the day to visit Laguna Beach and drove on the PCH to San Clemete...have to say it was a beutiful drive on the cost that we have never done! On Monday morning we did make it on time for breakfast and had the must have waffles. Check out was 11 but called Sarah at the desk and asked for a later check out and it was no problem to stay till 1pm the bill always make sense and Sarah remembered us from a pasted visit that was very nice... We did have a pleasant stay and with our expirece we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Honestly, The Comfort Inn Laguna Hills was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at! I should have known when I made the reservation, the girl who answered the phone was so hard to understand, (I really don’t understand why a “Hospitality” business would allow an employee with poor communication skills and most the important of the intelligibility of the employee's pronunciation).
In spite of this, I made the reservation and showed up to check-in and I was greeted by a women, who must have been having a hectic day because she was short with me and had absolutely no interest in assisting me in anyway. I asked to speak with her manager, and she stated that her manger was Sarah, and she would be in the following morning at 7:00am.
When I finally found my room I just wanted to take a long nap before dinner, but that would not happen. The room smelled like mildew, there were water stains on the ceiling and dark stains on the carpet.
I found dirty towels behind the door; I suppose the maid forgot to take them with her after “cleaning” the room. I phoned the front desk to ask if this was an error or was I given this room by mistake. All she said was that she would send someone to pick-up the dirty towels.
The comforter was stained and there were several different human hairs inter-tangled in it. When I pulled back the sheets to them check out, I encounter another stain.
Totally sickened at this point because I was sure this room had not been cleaned, I called the front desk and asked if I could be moved to a clean room. I was told that there were no more clean rooms available.
After spending the night in this room, I am sure the bed was infested with bed bugs and the walls were paper thin.
In the morning I went into the lobby and witnessed one employee disciplining another employee at the front desk in a very condescending manner. I waited at the front desk for a few seconds for the unprofessional performance to come to an end, and then asked to speak with Sarah.
It was no surprise when I was greeted by the woman with the strong accent, who was scolding the employee, announcing that she was Sarah. I explained all my concerns and disappointments about the hotel to Sarah and she just had no time for me.
Long story short, Sarah was no help at all. She was impolite and tactless.
Bottom line, I will never stay at this hotel again and I would discourage anyone who is considering staying here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank MJB_Max
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here and it was the worst hotel of our 10-day CA vacation. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was wonderful and very nice but that was about all that was nice about this place. The first room they gave us stunk so much of air freshener that even opening the window wouldn't clear out the smell so we changed rooms. That one had been sprayed also but wasn't as bad so we kept it and aired it out by opening the windows and running the fan. There was nothing special about the room decor and the pictures on the web looked far nicer than the actual room. The carpeting had stains on it which gave the room a bad feel. The towels were thin and we had to ask for more as there were only enough for 1 person.

At breakfast the next morning, (we got there around 9 AM and it opened at 6 AM) we were the only ones there and there was hardly any food left. They had a waffle maker but the batter was in pre-measured cups and was sitting out. I was afraid to use it because I didn't know how long it had been out and not refrigerated. Ditto with the milk. There was no coffee left so I asked the girl at the front desk if she could bring some. And after waiting awhile, I went to find her and she was standing there holding the coffee chatting with another woman who worked in the hotel. I found this unacceptable since she knew I was waiting for it. When I poured some coffee, it was lukewarm. This was also the only hotel we stayed at that didn't have a computer in the lobby for guests to use because we wanted to use it to check-in for our flight before we left.

This hotel needs an upgrade badly and better customer service. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple