“Yes, it was that good ... and the porterhouse is back”

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #49 of 96 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laguna Hills, California
“Yes, it was that good ... and the porterhouse is back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My favorite at Lone Star is the 20 oz porterhouse, bone in.
It's back!
They deleted it but due to demand they have it back by request and plan to have it permanently back on their menu.
I had one last night and it melted in my mouth, and was perfectly rare and sumptuous. Seriously, this was really good. I was told to request it "Pittsburgh style" which is blackened, and it is good, and I had it rare - really rare. Just yum! You would not get a better piece of beef anywhere in the world.
The baked sweet potato is a good accompaniment - give it a try as one of the two included sides.
Their website menu seems out of date since they still show chili (meaty and yum) as being on the 'sides' list, but the (excellent) waitress said she'd do it although it's no longer included as a side. It's good chili and if you like it spicier they have Tabasco.
They have inexpensive house wines and Pabst Blue Ribbon on draft - $1.95 I think was the cost. I had the house Merlot - very pleasant, especially for the price.
We came away very satisfied - and I wholeheartedly recommend Lone Star in Laguna Hills.

• Visited April 2014

The Villages, Florida
“Good steakhouse at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visit in this area yearly and always enjoy Lone Star Steakhouse. The steaks are excellent without the big price tag. The atmosphere is inviting and is family friendly. On Tuesdays kids eat free. The service is friendly and efficient.

• Visited October 2013
Laguna Hills, California
“the best beef anywhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lone Star's porterhouse is monumental. I like a rare slab of beef, so I've been advised to order it "Pittsburgh Style" which is a crusted preparation and order it rare and it'll be crusty on the outside, pink and rare in the middle, and just delicious. They marinate the beef so it is juicy and tender. Really good quality.
Their chili is the beefiest chili that I have found in Southern California. Tasty as a side or as an appetizer, it does have beans (wish it didn't) but it is so tasty.
They offer 'call ahead seating' - no reservations but call ahead is good.

• Visited August 2013
“Taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Very good tasting Prime Rib Sandwitch, meat is tender and juicy, and you can choose other sides beside fries, I had the the sweet potato but I was actually served yam, it's alright with butter and cinnamon sugar. My husband had the Back Ribs and my friend had the Shirmp Plate. Everyone loves the food.

Visited September 2013
Aliso Viejo, California
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the bread, it's so yummy and you can't stop at 1 piece! Go for their lunch menu for a better value.

Also, our 9 year old ate free on Saturday, with our paid entree.

Eat here, that's my best advice!