“Great place to stay”
Review of Laguna Hills Lodge

Laguna Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed October 26, 2013

“My wife and I first became acquainted the Laguna Hills Lodge when we joined family members for a reunion and discovered this hidden secret in Laguna Hills. This location is centrally located to plenty of shopping and dining, and many of the regions many visitor attractions. The room was large and faced the garden, very comfortable and clean. The staff professional, friendly and very service oriented; especially Margarita and Nevine. The complimentary breakfast was a wonderful morning experience and good way to start each day for; we've stayed twice so far and will do it again, Bob & Merry.

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Rooms for a delightful view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bob Merry B

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Laguna Hills Lodge, Laguna Hills California is a pleasant place to stay - rooms are clean - however out dated in bed clothing. I inquired about handicap room avaiability - the front desk said they had only 2 rooms equipted for the handicapped. Our stay was for a family event, one family member had one of those rooms with a bath shower accesable from the floor level with toilet. I will also mention making reservations directly with this hotel, taking down the persons name spoken to - as a family member got one rate for our stay of 4 nights - arriving to check in all was different in one room price - we were a party of 4 in two rooms - no one at the front desk would be flexable with our request stating that * this was the price * for that garden room. I would say the front desk needs to review it's sensitivity training and reservation policies by phone as well as in person. This is a family owned operation. Calif. 800 468 4470 - out of state 800 782 1138 - web site: lagunahillslodge.com - no family members were working the front desk at the time of our arrival to address our request.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Such a pretty little place. Staff was great and very accommodating. Within walking distance to shops. Facility is very well taken care of. Free breakfast and parking. We went to a concert in Irvine, it was a 5 mile drive there, just perfect distance. Woke up early the next day and took a walk and found a cute little organic market. After researching many places in the area, this was the cheapest and was very happy with the price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street were great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JENNIE C
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I too was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.
Years ago living in Lake Forest and passing this hotel a million times, I never realized it was so
nice!
I checked in pretty late at night and wasn't quite sure of the surroundings, but it was fine!
The halls are a little outdated - but all in all, nice rooms and pretty scenery!
The continental breakfast and area were very nice!
Please remember to tip the little guy that makes your toast, etc.
Very nice people!
No problems and would stay there again...next time, hopefully longer!
Also, I say all this just coming from The Bellagio in Vegas for 3 nights before hand - what a comparison huh?!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Madeline55870
Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a wonderful place! We think ourselves very lucky to have found it and hope to stay again.
The hotel's staff were very warm, welcoming & friendly, and our check in was very smooth. The garden areas are very pretty and well cared for.
The hotel has free wifi, free parking, a guest laundry and breakfast is included. You'll need quarters for the laundry, as the washer and dryer are a dollar each.
Our room, in block A, was very spacious and well appointed. The microwave, and particularly the fridge, were very much appreciated. We were close to an ice machine, again something which was very important to us. We didn't encounter much external noise, although we were facing over part of the car park.
Breakfast in the Mariposa room was absolutely lovely and there was plenty of choice, even for a fussy eater like me. There were 3 choices of cereal/muesli each for adults & kids, white & brown toast, bagels, pastries and muffins. There was coffee, apple juice & orange juice. Also milk, yogurts and fruit as well as plenty of choice in butter, margarine, spreads & jams etc.
We really enjoyed spending time around the pool area. The pool was heated and we were in it every day! The guest laundry is located beside the pool, and there's also a fitness room and saunas.
The only thing I could think of to improve the hotel would be it's own little bar!
Nearby, within walking distance, is a BJ's Brewhouse restaurant & bar, which was nice but we found it expensive, busy and quite noisy. Right next door is a branch of a shop called Total Wine, which we found great for ready mixed cocktails, beers etc, to keep in our room fridge. We also tried a fast food place called Chick-fil-a, not cheap but pretty good.
According to our satnav, the hotel is about 7 miles from lovely Laguna Beach and we also found it fairly quick & easy to travel to Huntington Beach, San Clemente, Dana Point & Newport Beach.
All in all, Laguna Hills Lodge was fantastic value and we're looking forward to our next stay.
Thank you to all the staff for helping to make our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank k44durham
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here one night while construction going on at home. What a pleasant surprise! I initially went over to Renaissance Club Hotel in Aliso Viejo, but, they wanted $259 for one night!!! Crazy.

I have driven by Laguna Hills Lodge a million times over the years, but never imagined it was such a quality place. I called and asked for a quiet room with King bed just 30 minutes prior to my arrival. The front desk people actually held the room for me, for which I am so grateful, as when I arrived another couple were wanting it. When does that ever happen that a hotel will actually honour your telephone reservation!?

Haven't done my thorough research on this establishment, but I do know that it is family run, and therefore the owners obviously take pride in their business. My room (#375) was quiet, spacious, extremely clean and comfortable, included refrigerator/small freezer, microwave and coffee station. One night including continental breakfast was a mere $90! There is a lovely pool which I never enjoyed, and, the front desk provides fresh baked cookies day and night from their oven in the lobby.

At first I worried that I would hear fire engine sirens all night, as my room was directly across the street from extremely busy Fire Station #22, but, I slept soundly all night without awakening! My surmise is that this structure is older and more solidly built than most hotels around.

The hotel is centrally located in Laguna Hills, literally one minute to the 5 & 405 freeway onramps and the Laguna Hills Mall across the street. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. The gentlemen in the breakfast room had the buffet style breakfast all ready at 7am when they opened. I took my tray to my room and it was no problem to return for a coffee refill. The housekeeping staff were very professional and helpful when I was locked out.

As a frequent traveler both nationally and internationally, I find it commonplace that housekeepers are usually disrespectful when it comes to making noise and talking loudly in the halls. Not so at Laguna Hills Lodge!

This little ranch style lodge is reminiscent of the 1950's motels and it is so immaculately maintained and upgraded. There is no gorgeous view, but, the small town feeling of "welcome", the cleanliness, the friendliness, the reasonable cost and the central location are exceptional.

I hope that my recommendation and information has been helpful to you!

Room Tip: I loved my room, #375. But, have confidence that the front desk will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank passion4travel296
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We changed our hotel to stay here after reading reviews and comments on Trip Advisor. We were very happy that we did. We had a ground floor room was great with all our suitcases. The room was a very good size, the coffee machine was appreciated. Enjoyed the breakfast, sufficient choice to suit us. The position of the hotel was ideal, easy to get to and once we came back after our day trips, we could easily walk to quite a few restaurants. The huge wine warehouse close by was well used also!
The swimming pool was very pleasant although rather noisy at times, but that is beyond the hotel's control. The laundry facilities were excellent, it was great to come home with all clean clothes. All the staff were friendly and helpful, couldn't have found a better place.

Room Tip: Ground floor room, garden view with 2 queen beds was worth paying for.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!