“Great place to stay!”
Review of Laguna Hills Lodge

Laguna Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Looking for a cozy place that won't break your budget? Stay here. It's close to some great restaurants and feels more like a resort. Very quiet and safe. Great for families. Find a guy named Roland. Super nice dude. He'll take good care of you.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2012

OK, for the good, close to where we were going which was to visit my aunt, also the price was right. The bad, noise from the traffic, close to busy road. The ?, noisy neighbors, not the motels fault, small room for breakfast, the continental breakfast was about average for a mid range motel. Would I stay here again, maybe, but I would check out other hotels/motels in the area first. .......one last thing, easy access to I-5

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Note that I state "motel" as this property isn't a hotel. Some might be concerned about the fact that even though it has internal corridors, anyone can access them. However, the area seemed very safe so not really an issue.

Breakfast was basic but nice, rooms were fantastic just as nice as good 3* properties. Bathroom was compact with a 3/4 length bath. TV great with 60 channels! Service on the front desk was fine but could have been a little more welcoming upon first arrival. Made use of the heated pool, again a great bonus in the winter.

As some have mentioned, there is a fire station right across the street with very loud fire engines departing quite regularly between 7am and 10pm but didn't hear anything during the night. Traffic noise was minimal.

Generally a great stay in a very nice location just a short drive from Laguna Beach, although I'd recommend the short drive to the Irvine Spectrum Center rather than using the local mall which was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Being away from Paseo De Valencia is probably a good idea but to be honest it didn't make much d...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed at this "lodge" which is basically a motel for two nights. The furnishings in the room were a little dark but it was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Would use it again if required without question. We were in block B and next to the main road but there was no noise at all. We were able to park right outside our room which is not possible for all rooms. Complimentary continental breakfast was available but we chose to walk 200 yards to Carrows for a cooked one and claimed the 15% discount for Laguna Hills Lodge residents without problems. Another plus is good FREE wifi in your room. As the Brits say:- It does what it says on the tin. Should add there was a bath tub and also fridge, freezer and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DecerningLondon
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Given all the great reviews here & elsewhere, I made an online reservation for later this month via the Laguma Hills Lodge website. I took the "Value Two Queen" room (I'm on a budget) and added in the requests section, "Just a quiet, clean room with a firm bed and a helpful staff. Thank you." The day after receiving my confirmation, I got a call from Roland (reservations staff). Given my comments, he clarified that the "Value Two Queen" room is located on the side of the building where there can be some street noise during rush hours. (We discussed it and, honestly, it doesn't sound like much noise at all. It's basically a residential area with little traffic after 11 pm or before 8 am. As a night owl, that doesn't affect me.) With no other rooms at the same discounted rate, I chose to keep the reservation.

I was VERY impressed that Roland took my room request to heart, to the point of personally calling to alert me of the situation. In honestly admitting to some noise, he took the risk that I would simply cancel in order to ensure that I'd be satisfied. That to me is someone who takes customer satisfaction seriously. What a refreshing change! I look forward to my future stay. (And aim to write a follow-up review.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Elaine Y
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Business trip and stayed here for 5 days. Rooms open to the parking lot and there are no enclosed hallways which might be a security complaint especially amoung single women travelers. I felt completely safe and liked parking right outside my door! Service at the front desk was average. Should be a little more friendly and smile but it wasn't bad service. Maids did a great job every day and got it done early. Rooms are very nice and very clean. Nice shower and towels. Sink area lights were too bright but I just unscrewed two of the four bulbs until I left. Refrigerator has a good size freezer which is a very nice amenity for longer stays. Pool area was small but nice. Not a very quiet area but okay, lot of traffic noise and there is a Fire Station across the street from Bldg C were I stayed. Very nice enhanced Continental breakfast but wasn't open until 7am every day. Like the overall room the best, liked the hard bed the least.

Room Tip: Ask for Bldg A "Courtyard" side
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Wonderful stay at the hotel, room size, comfortable bed, microwave, coffee pot in room, modern bathroom plus more! The room was ultra clean and pleasant, and the breakfast was more than I expected. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: ask for a second floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Mission Viejo

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!