“We will be back”
Review of Laguna Hills Lodge

Laguna Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed August 22, 2011

A true Botique Hotel. We found the people at the front desk to be very personable and accommodating. In spite of being Freeway Close it is extremely Quiet. A gorgeous pool and Sauna. A fantastic Continental Breakfast with great choices far and above the typical Continental. A fantastic all around great experience and we will be back before long for a pleasure trip and not business.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but try for a garden room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveLongBeach_CA

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I booked a bank of 15 rooms at the Laguna Hills Lodge for my daughter's wedding in July. Everyone who stayed here was complimentary and pleased with the accomodations. They commented on the helpful staff, pleasant grounds, accessibility to freeway and shopping, breakfast, pool, laundry room, etc.
Thanks very much for making our family and friends feel at home by going the extra mile in offering a suitable rate, giving out welcome bags, keeping reservations current, and acknowledging the newlyweds with a rose bouquet from the garden!
We'll certainly recommend you to our future out-of-town guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, Owner at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

We love taking care of wedding guests at the Lodge and your family and friends were a delight! We truly are honored when guests choose us for such a special occasion. The fresh-picked rose bouquet for the bride was arranged by Liliana, one of our awesome guestroom staff. She does a great job! Thanks so much for your kind words, Bill Crawford, Owner/Manager, Laguna Hills Lodge

Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel has the worst customer service of any hotel I have ever had the displeasure of dealing. I made a reservation through Priceline.com 10 days prior to staying here and my sole request was for a non-smoking room as my daughter has asthma. The customer service/reservation person (Roland Balawan) told me in a very rude email that there is no way they could give me a non-smoking room and that I need to go back to Priceline and request a new hotel. I understand if they are told on short notice but 10 days isn't enough notice in a non-sold out hotel? Orange County has long been known as an area where they care only about money and not customer service and this reinforces that notion.

3  Thank KRS123
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, Owner at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We looked into your reservation and confirmed with Priceline that it was for a smoking room (we have 6 smoking rooms - out of 121 rooms - grouped together in one building). We also verified that the hotel was sold out of non-smoking rooms at the time you requested a move from a smoking to a non-smoking room. We apologize for any rudeness by Roland. Roland has a reputation for being very courteous and we assure you that his intent in referring you to Priceline was to help with a solution using the company you selected. Please feel free to call the Lodge and ask for Jean if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Bill and Pat Crawford, Owners/Managers, Laguna Hills Lodge

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed one night to put daughter in college. Older property but well kept. Perfectly clean inside room, well kept grounds and common areas out. Didn't try sauna or pool but I'm sure they'd be on par. Breakfast was well presented and had all you'd want. A bit of hallway noise comes thru the door but since I'm not paying four-star-soundproofed-prices I figure it was acceptable. Would stay again. Would have liked a blankie so I could have ramped up the AC at night but my guess is that it would have been made available if I'd asked.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is beautiful outside with their flowers and little garden area. It is close to malls, the beach, and nice restaurants. It is a quiet stay and the rooms are updated. Very clean and kept up. The hotel desk was nice and helpful when asked questions. The breakfast was good but nothing spectacular. Overall I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe a room facing the flower garden.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Seems like there aren't too many of these privately owned places worth staying at anymore. This one certainly met and exceeded my expectations. The price was very good, the location excellent, the rooms very clean, the grounds very nice, and a feeling a privacy and safety, without feeling like you couldn't get assistance if you needed it.
The website is an accurate representation of the the property in every way. I have already recommended it to several friends and family, and I can't wait to have a reason to go back! We really enjoyed meeting and talking with the other guests at the pool area. We found this to be a perfect place for 2 adults and a 7 year old. We stayed in Suite 202 and it was absolutely what we needed. We loved the continental breakfast every morning right on sight. Wish they didn't use styrofoam, but hopefully that will change and I left that as feedback for the Lodge.

1  Thank blondie922
Reviewed August 5, 2011

we stayed four nights here last month. it is excellent value for money. very clean, free breakfast, free wifi, free parking - that's hard to find in California ! don't think that it's really close to the beach because it's not but it is close to the freeway so an excellent base for sightseeing.
the swimming pool looked lovely, we didn't even have time to use it because we were out and about all the time

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Mission Viejo

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!