“Pies excellent. Carpet and surroundings dirty.”
Review of Polly's Pies

Polly's Pies
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had not been to Polly's in many years and the decor was still exactly the same as prior visits but now very dirty. We had an excellent piece of berry pie but we will not be going back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This Polly's really is like your Mom's kitchen...Flowered wallpaper, stuff everywhere and the smell of fresh baked bread. The decor is a bit (a lot) stale. Polly's food is old fashioned comfort food. My hubby can't get enough of the "old fashioned chicken salad" sandwich. Loaded with walnuts and real chicken...on a toasted raisin bread. The other day I tried the seasonal "turkey cakes", think crab cakes but turkey. Have to admit it, they were really tasty. Next time I would order the gravy on the side, just too much of it. I sampled a taste of their smashed yams, better than mine! Do try the bakery items. They have the best pumpkin oatmeal cookies. Not an upscale OC kind of place, really just old school style.

1  Thank norcalhummingbirds
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had the chicken fried steak, we also had the fried fish and BLT. The food was good, no comlaints. The service was excellent. The decor was ok. Take into consideration that mostly retired folks eat here. I was pleasantly suprised, with the food and service. I even thanked the manager for a great waitress!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a fun place! When you first walk in, you see all the breads and bakery items, including their special jumbo sized cinnamon rolls, and the rest of this gift shop area. The day we were there they also had some yummy pineapple bread. As you go further into the restaurant, it is old country cafe style with your basic booths, but the menu tells you that you are definitely at home.

How to choose from the many sandwiches or the many pies was difficult. You can also do combo's there with soup, sandwich and pie all as one deal (definitely recommended). I selected something called Banberry Pie, a banana strawberry blend that was delicious, including the nicely flakely crust. My wife had the Peach pie which was huge. It was so fresh, I could smell the slice and loved the taste I got to sample as well.

If in the area, we would definitely go back.

1  Thank AndrewOAz
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Polly's is right on Moulton Parkway in a nice little center, halfway between Lake Forest and El Toro Rd. If you didn't know it was there you'd miss it.

The food is great--mostly Southern-style and their pies are outstanding and inexpensive.