“Old Country Charmer in a modern suburbia”
Review of Polly's Pies

Polly's Pies
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a fun place! When you first walk in, you see all the breads and bakery items, including their special jumbo sized cinnamon rolls, and the rest of this gift shop area. The day we were there they also had some yummy pineapple bread. As you go further into the restaurant, it is old country cafe style with your basic booths, but the menu tells you that you are definitely at home.

How to choose from the many sandwiches or the many pies was difficult. You can also do combo's there with soup, sandwich and pie all as one deal (definitely recommended). I selected something called Banberry Pie, a banana strawberry blend that was delicious, including the nicely flakely crust. My wife had the Peach pie which was huge. It was so fresh, I could smell the slice and loved the taste I got to sample as well.

If in the area, we would definitely go back.

1  Thank AndrewOAz

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Polly's is right on Moulton Parkway in a nice little center, halfway between Lake Forest and El Toro Rd. If you didn't know it was there you'd miss it.

The food is great--mostly Southern-style and their pies are outstanding and inexpensive.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love Polly's. My husband and I went in for a simple piece of pie and coffee after church one Sunday morning. Our server was very hospitable, I wish I could remember her name. She was an older (not OLD though) blonde woman, a little taller. And she gave us some cinnamon rolls to go for free. My husband and I love it here!

1  Thank es9211
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I love to go to this place and spell the chicken and pies cooking. The chicken salad sandwich on toasted fresh raisin bread makes my mouth water just thinking about it,, and this is the only place I know where I can get Grandma's apricot pie.

1  Thank xxtrasafe
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have been enjoying lunches and dinners at the Laguna Hills Polly's Pies, on and off for the last 25 years. It used to be one of our favorite restaurants because the food, especially the roasted chicken, was delicious, service was efficient, and the price was moderate. Polly's enjoyed a good customer base of retired people who were looking for light meals. The quality of the food and service plummeted one year, but it bounced back again the next year. After a six month absence, we visited Polly's, and we were surprised at the poorly prepared food, uncaring service, and unwelcome changes in the menu. Comments in TripAdvisor corroborated our fear that Polly's is in serious decline. We noticed that there were not so many customers as before and that some of the wait staff are new. It hurts to give a poor rating to a restaurant that has given us a generation worth of culinary enjoyment. Management may find a way to stop the decline. They have done it before, and we hope they can do it again.