“Iron Chef food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Break of Dawn

Break of Dawn
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laguna Woods
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Iron Chef food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We discovered this little gem 3 years ago by mistake and once discovered have come back often even bringing friends from out of town, Chef Nguyen has designed a menu to make you want to try everything they serve. My favorite. is the corned beef but the tongue & tail are not to be missed.

• Visited December 2013

california
“Tropical Vacation for Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This casual restaurant is tucked into the area next to the Laguna Hills mall. The menu is quite unusual. You won't find canned corned beef hash. Wonderful and exotic delights. The presentations are photo worthy. I had tempura eggs on a bed of shredded pork. My husband and duck and an omelette with a butternut squash corn delight. The portions are generous, the atmosphere great and the staff was very efficient. I am already planning my next dining adventure to a wonderful little slice of Vietnamese influenced deliciousness. Truly felt like we'd arrived in some exotic locale.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank luggageliza
California
“Ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wanted a special brunch and so Break of Dawn answered the call based upon good recommendations. Tucked in a quiet strip mall, the restaurant had a very casual, family friendly atmosphere but servers could be more welcoming. There was no waiting and we were seated quickly. The menu looked very interesting, just what I was looking for, something different to try. My husband had Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice with green papaya salad, my children ordered corned beef, poached eggs with sweet potato & tarragon cabbage and I asked for the skillet with new potatoes, poached eggs, bacon, melted cheddar cheeese with guacamole and salsa and we all shared the Cinnamon bun. We didn't wait very long and meals came nicely presented. My husband and children liked their food, but not really raving about them. My skillet tasted good but the bacon was too dry and very hard to chew, the potatoes were good however. Everyone liked the cinnabon bun with lots of whipped cream and wasn't too sweet. All in all, it was ok, maybe a bit pricey for the fusion of ingredients, the service and ambiance.

• Visited August 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Not your typical breakfast / lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Some customers at another restaurant suggested this place for breakfast so we went
Holy smokes!!! What a place!!
Not you're usual pancake and egg place but yet all those ingredients are In your food choices but not in the usual way
Ex I had Mac and cheese with short rib and 2 fried eggs with tomato Parmesan cheese sauce
Yes..... It WAS As good as it sounds!! My husband had goat Chili and the sauce was more like a mole sauce he said it was exceptional!!
But if you want you you can get the best cinnamon roll ever
Don't walk RUN to this place!!
Hard to find its Behind Trader Joes you'll see Marshall's its to the left
Enjoy!!
Open 8am to 2:00

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank HHIBLONDE
fontana
“Once was more than enough!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My hubby, 11-year-old son and I went this morning - mistake! We won't be back. Their service and food come nowhere near to justifying what they charge for the "experience."

The waiter never smiled, he seemed indifferent to our presence. Like if we came to the restaurant he wouldn't mind, but if we didn't come in again, that would be OK too.

He never checked in during the meal. He never offered me a second cup of coffee, and I couldn't catch his eye when he walked past us a couple times - maybe he didn't want to look our way in case we, heaven forbid, wanted some service? And the place was almost empty!

The 16 dollar French toast was okay - just two thin pieces of bread fancied up a bit with unremarkable flavor. The 8 dollar cinnamon rolls looked great, tasted OK.

If you decide to check it out for yourself, I hope you have a better experience. We usually give a place a second, even third chance, but not this time.

• Visited July 2013