“went because of article in paper”
Review of Break of Dawn

Break of Dawn
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The article in the paper said this place was fantastic, especially the tempura egg. We went. Service was slow. We got the french toast - which was not good - and the tempura egg - which was cold and not anything special. It's not cheap so we won't be going back.

1  Thank Esbart

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We went to Break of Dawn to have brunch. It is truly an experience and worth the trip. It is in a shopping center near a Trader Joe's and isn't that easy to find but certainly the local Laguna Hills people know where to find it. The menu is quite unusual with dishes that have a viet namese twist. The braised bacon is amazing and worth a try. The food looks good and tastes good too. It would be a great bike stop as well. It is only open for breakfast and lunch. They said there is a limited dinner so reservations are needed for that.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The price is high with moderate size of food. I do like the food but I was still a little bit hungry after finished the food.

The chicken past... dish(I don't remember the full name. It has something similiar to curry, but much more better than curry and do taste good.

1  Thank PhotoTrekkerWalomi
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I have been going to Break of Dawn since we discovered it 2 years ago. The owner/chef is very skilled and a great guy. We try to sample everything on the menu and we have never been disappointed. Price wise it is very reasonable when comparing apples to apples. We always recommend it to friends and take others on occasion who have never been. They all agree, this place is "Da Kine."

1  Thank Eddie L
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is one of my favorite breakfast/brunch joints and a definite local's favorite (simply look at the 500+ reviews on Yelp for this restaurant). It's off the beaten path tucked in the back of a strip mall that is adjacent to Laguna Hills Mall. Breakfast is more American continental with a culinary twist while lunch is more Asian fusion. The restaurant closes at 1:30 pm on weekdays and 2 pm on weekends, so there is no dinner menu.

Practically everything is high quality and gourmet. Why wouldn't it be when the chef is a California Culinary Academy graduate and former Executive Sous Chef at the local Ritz Carlton.

Now the food.... The creme brulee french toast is to die for!!! Thick moist french toasts sit on a skillet of creme brulee topped with Mexican chocolate. The white corn pancakes, accompanied by homemade syrup, are light, fluffly & syrup is not too sweet - absolutely the best pancakes I've ever tasted. The corned beef is no ordinary corned beef but quite a gourmet. The omelette is not overcooked like many places and you choose your fillers. The salmon ceasar salad is simply exquisite.

I've mainly tried various brunch items so can't comment on the lunch menu. My friends love their homemade hot sauce which they do sell by the bottle.

There are a few outdoor patio tables so I love sitting out to take in the California sun next to a trickling water fountain.