“We justb love this place”
Review of Break of Dawn

Break of Dawn
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Laguna Woods
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We justb love this place”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I have been going to Break of Dawn since we discovered it 2 years ago. The owner/chef is very skilled and a great guy. We try to sample everything on the menu and we have never been disappointed. Price wise it is very reasonable when comparing apples to apples. We always recommend it to friends and take others on occasion who have never been. They all agree, this place is "Da Kine."

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Eddie L

Orange, California
“Gourmet food at affordable price”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is one of my favorite breakfast/brunch joints and a definite local's favorite (simply look at the 500+ reviews on Yelp for this restaurant). It's off the beaten path tucked in the back of a strip mall that is adjacent to Laguna Hills Mall. Breakfast is more American continental with a culinary twist while lunch is more Asian fusion. The restaurant closes at 1:30 pm on weekdays and 2 pm on weekends, so there is no dinner menu.

Practically everything is high quality and gourmet. Why wouldn't it be when the chef is a California Culinary Academy graduate and former Executive Sous Chef at the local Ritz Carlton.

Now the food.... The creme brulee french toast is to die for!!! Thick moist french toasts sit on a skillet of creme brulee topped with Mexican chocolate. The white corn pancakes, accompanied by homemade syrup, are light, fluffly & syrup is not too sweet - absolutely the best pancakes I've ever tasted. The corned beef is no ordinary corned beef but quite a gourmet. The omelette is not overcooked like many places and you choose your fillers. The salmon ceasar salad is simply exquisite.

I've mainly tried various brunch items so can't comment on the lunch menu. My friends love their homemade hot sauce which they do sell by the bottle.

There are a few outdoor patio tables so I love sitting out to take in the California sun next to a trickling water fountain.

• Visited July 2011
Laguna Beach, California
“Interesting Food and Good Service”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We enjoyed eating breakfast here, however we probably won't return since the prices were high and we both tried what we wanted to try. I had the skillet which mostly consisted of potatoes, with two fried eggs, a little bacon and a scoop of guacamole. Flavors were interesting however, I did not leave craving to have it again. My husband had the ribs with mac and cheese, which was very rich and the more you ate it the more you wished you had something else on your plate to eat along with it.. Food was unique, however the restaurant won't be added to my favorites list.

• Visited March 2011
Vail, Colorado
“Truely Awesome Breakfast!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I really can't say enough about this place. The food is innovative and excellent! Who would have thought one could do "breakfast-fusion"? I was skeptical at first, but plesantly surprised. I had the short rib mac 'n cheese and my wife had the creme brulee french toast. Both were AMAZING! We were sitting near the kitchen and saw alot of the food come out. Everything looked great! I saw a salmon dish go by that looked like lox and bread, looked spectacular! The only complaint I have was the wait.. Be patient, good food takes time- even at breakfast. It is a small place and there were a couple large groups that needed a lot of attention so i'm sure that slowed things down alot too. Don't get mad if they can't accomodate your party of 11 or if they ask you to split up. The patio is big and the seating outside is nice even though the view is just a parling lot. I love what the chef has done here, the food is outstanding, and his reason fo opening the place for his commitment to his family is very commendable. Please go here, I have told all my friends. You should too!

1 Thank Brian L
“A wonderful place for a thoroughly...”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

A wonderful place for a thoroughly enjoyable meal. I have spoken to the owner many times and it is easy to see that he is passionate about food. I have ordered many things off the menu and each one of them has been unique and delicious.

1 Thank fridgebuzz82