“Delicious and super healthy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
New Jersey
“Delicious and super healthy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

A few years ago The Stand was recommended to me by a local. It was an amazing recommendation. I now cannot visit California without making it out to The Stand. It took us an hour in traffic to get there but it was well worth the drive. We even ended up making a second trip out to Laguna just to go to The Stand. The food is amazing- super fresh and very healthy! The menu is quite extensive. I have not tried a single item I did not like. I had a burrito both days (different ones). After my lunch/dinner I had the frozen fruit soft serve made from fresh fruit. Beats ice cream any day! I even went out and purchased the same type of juicer they use after eating here for the first time 3 years ago. It’s a 5 hour flight to get here and I just had to have more frozen fruit soft serve!

• Visited August 2012

Boulder, Colorado
“great vegan/healthy fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast at The Stand twice during our visit to Laguna Beach. Both times we had the Blueberry waffles with fruit and agave syrup. Both times we were happy with our meal, and pleased that we found such a a healthy option for breakfast. The waffles were light and flavorful, and the fruit was fresh and flavorful.

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles
“Hippie Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

If your inspired to eat whole natural foods and you are in Laguna Beach, try The Stand. It looks like a little red barn and has a nice place where you can sit outside and eat your fresh goodies under a tree. My favorite dish on the menu has to be the fresh fruit soft serve. There is something about the simplicity in which they prepare it that keeps me coming back for more. Head over there and check it out.

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Healthy and delicious vegan food that omnivores and vegans will love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I go to Laguna Beach a few times a year with my family -- sometimes just my spouse, but usually my children (now 9 and 12) and often one or two dogs as well. The Stand is one of our favorite places. Our family is 1/2 vegan and 1/2 omnivore and everyone, including the kids (who can sometimes be picky) is always happy to eat here. The soups are made fresh daily and the salads, burritos, sandwiches, smoothies, and other fare likewise use fresh ingredients. Their baked goods (cobblers, pies, cookies) are excellent. Even when we hit the Stand at odd hours (3:00 p.m., for example), there are always people there of all ages, happily relaxing on their patio and eating their fabulous food. Portions tend to be generous; this is a good place to go before or after a long walk or run on the beach. This is a very casual place -- order food at a window, sit where you want on the patio, but the food is consistently high quality. Final comment: definitely try the soups. They give free samples and sometimes we end up deciding to order soup because the samples were so good.

• Visited February 2012
Fort Smith
“Huge selection of Vegan Fast Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Huge menu. You stand in line to order like at any other fast food. Few Picnic tables if u want to sit a spell and enjoy. Food could use a little more herbs or spices for flavor as it is a bit bland. People are very friendly and the food is relatively fast and hot.

• Visited October 2011