“Great Indian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
“Great Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We love indian food and do not often pass up an opportunity to enjoy the food. Natraj did not disappoint accept I was not presented with a choice of spiciness. I would have chosen something much more spicy. So inquire before ordering.

Visited October 2013

Newport Beach, California
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

A local favorite...family run, consistently good, and varied Indian dishes. Lots of vegetarian choices, great location and a pleasure to dine at. Aloo Ghobi is great here.

• Visited May 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family since it was getting late for my son's dinner time. My son is 3 yrs old. I ordered Vegetable Pulav and it tastes worse. We ordered for a paratha and the waiter forgot about it.. He brought it later by that time my son was screaming with hunger.. soon we decided to pack the food and I asked them to pack it. the waiter did not even pack the roti (bread) in aluminium foil and he just used a paper. By the time we got back to the car, the bread became hard and my son just throwed that.. overall very bad experience.. there was a frozen yoghurt next block and it was a sigh of relief for us. I will never go back to this restaurant..

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sgmkjsekar
Tustin CA
“Friendly, Lively, Broad Menu, Casual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Natraj menu is really varied, without being overwhelming, and includes a nice variety of veggie dishes in addition to meat. Our group of six ordered eight dishes to share (we know they are smaller than some places provide), plus Nan. Many of the dish names were unlike those we'd encountered before, so I offer English translations here.

Dishes which got the most raves from our table were their lobster, their spinach with cheese, and both their Fruit Nan and Garlic Nan. Everything was well cooked and presented attractively and with nice enthusiasm and smiles from a very friendly staff.

We were delighted that they offered wine by the bottle for $20 in every variety, as well, of course, as some more expensive. It is nice to be able to order decent wines without paying more than for the dinner, at such a casual place.

Our only "complaint" is that several of the dishes were pretty mildly flavored rather than more powerfully, as in most Indian dishes we've had before. This was also true the last time we were here, in 2012, so was just not the result of a particular chef. It is possible to request them "hotter," but I'm talking about flavor intensity.

They were very busy on Saturday night at 6:30 - good for them! Being on Coast Highway across from the beach helps! Prices are very reasonable. We will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2013
World
“Horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the worst indian restaurant I've ever been to. On the buffet every single dish was awful. The dahl was bland. The spinach seemed old. The beans tasted horrible. Everything was bad. I'll never go there again.

• Visited January 2013