“Wonderful Food!”

Alessa by Chef Pirozzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Alessa by Chef Pirozzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 179 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Best italian dinner I have had in years. Everything was great . Ordered the burreto cheese and ravioli appetizers and thought I went to heaven. My older friend just wanted spagetti with meat sauce and mushrooms and they complied .
We both thought it was the best. Their house wine was very good as well.

Food wise it is a 5 star. The tables were too close for my taste which is the reason for 4 stars

Coming back again this week for lunch

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Have visited Alessa a half dozen times. Great food, pleasant atmosphere, good service. The seafood and fresh pasta is a favorite. Reasonable prices for this special town, with great menu and appetizer choices. Fresh and very tasty. I'll return often,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The selection of meat & cheeses were great. The pastas are so fresh! Very creative menu selections. Extensive wine list & our waiter was very knowledgable about Italian wines. Blue cheese stuffed olives for my dirty martini. No room for dessert ...next time!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went for dinner on the night before Thanksgiving and it was a real mob scene. We were squeezed into a tiny two top the size of a monopoly board. We were told it was good and it was.This was definitely a happening place. The menu was large and had a lot of good, unusual features.One thing they have is a prosciutto and mozzarella bar that seemed very popular and appealing although we opted for a traditional dinner. We ordered the fried olive appetizer and it was really good, breaded and fried green olives stuffed with blue cheese. My wife ordered the stuffed parma pasta and it was over cooked, dry ,and bland. I had the gnocchi with boar meat and a red sauce and it was very good. It took way to long to get our food. Our waiter was good and they were swamped that night. I think on a different evening our experience would have been a little more enjoyable. It was far from perfect but good enough to try it again sometime.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Burrata was accentuated with sea salt, unfiltered extra virgin olive oil, Italian
artichokes and olives. I rescued and relished each buttery bite.

Speck, which is Smoked Prosciutto, and a labor of love...to the glorification of pork.

One could get lost in such a pasta as the Lamb Pappardelle, braised lamb shoulder and shaved ricotta salata. There was something distinctive, exquisite..purely marvelous. The aroma and flavor preyed upon my humanity. The lamb was too tender to have once been a shoulder.

Cinghiale Gnocchi was prepared with house-made wild boar sausage, mushroom,
Calabria chili and arrabiata sauce. Disarmed and plagued by the disposition of this CHINGADO gnocchi, I am forever forlorn. Eternally afflicted by the arresting flavors and exceptional preparation....redemption eludes me.

Five Cheese Gnocchi was sauteed with Gorgonzola Dolce, Fontina, Mozzarella,
Parmigiano and Affumicata. The gnocchi was not as tender as I have previously experienced, but the cheese sauce is pasta gone wild.

Grazie!