“Great food, high prices”

Alessa by Chef Pirozzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Alessa by Chef Pirozzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Although I felt Alessa was quite expensive for the level of service we received, the food was very good. The pizza was delicious, and the Brussels sprouts were outstanding!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall very good. The main courses, especially the pastas, were very good. The sauce and seafood on the Pasta Livornese was excellent: just spicy enough with generous amounts of shrimp, salmon, and scallops. The Chicken Marsala was also very good. A classic dish well done. There were only two problems. The first was that the featured shaved grilled octopus was over-whelmed by lemon. The only taste was lemon. The second problem, which is not unique to this restaurant, is the “isn’t everything wonderful?” phenomenon. The wait staff and hostess were very congenial – but we don’t need several drive-bys to ask us if “everything is wonderful?” And when, as with the over-lemoned octopus, you say, “too much lemon,” it’s as though you spit on the floor. Still, a good bet in a town full of good restaurants.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We asked the desk clerk at our hotel to recommend a good Italian restaurant within walking distance. She told us "Alessa" would not disappoint. It was one of the best Italian restaurants we have ever dined at. It has it all: great waitstaff, ambience, exceptional menu, and very reasonable prices. Our waiter,Mike, was entertaining, gave great menu and wine advice, and proved very efficient. You never felt rushed even though people were waiting for inside and outside tables. The menu is divided into 7 sections: Prosciutto & Mozarella Bar, Starters, From the Garden, Primi, Specialty Fresh Pasta, Pizze,. and Secondi. My daughter ordered "Ravioletti", homemade meat ravioli with Bolognese sauce topped with pecorino cheese for $15.50, and I chose the Margherita Pizze with thin, thin crust, browned, and extra crispy for $12.99. All their pasta and sauce is homemade. Suggestion: Do a comparison taste test with their two other locations - Huntington Beach and Newport Beach.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

During an R&R weekend, my wife and I ate at Alessa twice. It was a reasonably priced restaurant that specializes in Italian food. Our starter salad (brassatta) was great as was our mains (Pescatore for me). I would definitely recommend Cucina Alessa if you are in Laguna Beach

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Can't wait to go back! I had the seafood risotto with a lobster reduction, with fresh shrimp and asparagus. Great light, delicate fried calamari. Good wines. They have a delicious pesto they serve with the bread. My companions loved their meals. I have dined in much more expensive restaurants and the food wasn't nearly as good. This is the second time I have been to this location and will keep returning. I encourage you to go have a fabulous dinner and then enjoy a walk on the beach - only a block or so away!