“Way under rated, or my friends and I have zero taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Polina's Salerno

Polina's Salerno
Reserve with OpenTable
Polina's Salerno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
San Jose
“Way under rated, or my friends and I have zero taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place was really good. It was small and kind of old-school styled. The menu was large and you could get pasta practically any way you wanted based on the way it could be ordered. Most of the meat entrees also come with a large portion of really good pasta. An additional $2 gets you a side salad. Service was good, and we all three thought the food was excellent. There were several families with kids if that seems to matter to you.

• Visited May 2014

laguna beach
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

we are locals but had not been here in YEARS. maybe now i remember why. good service. the food was BORING. my husband had the pizza and said it was the worst he's ever had - very doughy like it was a microwaved frozen pizza. i had to repeatedly sprinkle black pepper and parmesan on my sautéed calamari for some kind of flavor. it also arrived warm. this is an italian restaurant that's been around since 1975. maybe they need to get out of the '70s. will not return or recommend them.

• Visited February 2014
Irvine, California
“Small and intimate, but family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This small, but intimate restaurant is off the beaten path in Laguna Beach, which may qualify it as a hidden gem. I have eaten here once before, but couldn't remember where it was until I took a short cut into town. I was attending a performance at The Laguna Playhouse & needed to be in and out quickly. I explained this to the hostess and she passed this on to my server. The service was quick and efficient and I was out in record time. The food was delicious, I had the ravioli. Lovely soft homemade plump ravioli filled with cheese and ample, wonderful sauce over the top. Nice crisp greens for my salad and a delicious house dressing. My server was friendly, and came over to check on whether I was enjoying my meal. This is a family owned restaurant which I prize over national chain restaurants. I will definitely return here.

• Visited January 2014
“Authentic Home Cooked Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food At Salerno's is fabulous. It is an old location with old style family seating where everyone is way too bunched together but the food is delicious. Always on point with steaming hot and tasteful entree's as well as fresh crisp salads. I always order the cannelloni entree which comes in a steaming skillet. Always enough to take home too. Wine only no liquor. Caters to families too with great pizza's for kids as well as pasta.

• Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“Been coming here since I was 9”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant for almost 30 years...my Dad used to take us here on weekday evenings for a night out. It's awesome food...and it hasn't changed in all this time. I highly recommend the veal marsala, and steamed clams.

• Visited April 2013