“Authentic Home Cooked Italian Food”
Review of Polina's Salerno

Polina's Salerno
Ranked #92 of 177 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food At Salerno's is fabulous. It is an old location with old style family seating where everyone is way too bunched together but the food is delicious. Always on point with steaming hot and tasteful entree's as well as fresh crisp salads. I always order the cannelloni entree which comes in a steaming skillet. Always enough to take home too. Wine only no liquor. Caters to families too with great pizza's for kids as well as pasta.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant for almost 30 years...my Dad used to take us here on weekday evenings for a night out. It's awesome food...and it hasn't changed in all this time. I highly recommend the veal marsala, and steamed clams.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

All our different pastas were over cooked. Sauces had little flavor and too much was on pasta. Meatballs were mushy and had little flavor. House salad greens and veggies were fresh and crisp was plain. Dressing had little flavor. Bread was ok. Price was ok.

1  Thank m65oli
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I can tell most reviews aren't written by Italian Americans -LOL!. This place is darling, quaint, a great value & totally works if you don't mind or want bland Italian -there's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't for we "picky".. In my opinion, great for teenage dates or family on a tight budget. However, as far as the food, if you're like me, and "picky" about your Italian food, this isn't it. I'll never forget when my husband & I had to send our spaghetti back to have them add MORE GARLIC to the sauce! Come on.. more garlic?! You should NEVER have to ask that of an Italian restaurant -EVER.

My recommendation for the "picky" out there -go to Romeo Cucina around the corner on Broadway St. & although it is reasonably priced already, ask about Happy Hour, as you may be there when they are offering same dish in the Bar for less. Love their food -one of my favorite dishes -their Putanesca. Bread & olive paste -excellent. If you are watching your carbohydrates, as I do often, be careful -that bread will get you every time or just make up for it the next day...:) Very authentic Italian...

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This little restaurant was a nice surprise. Three of us went in for dinner, my son chose, as it was his birthday and he was craving Italian. We all were very happy, my son got manicotti that looked divine, and he said it was. I got a build your own pasta with meatballs...very good! My husband got the stuffed peppers and was quite happy. We all shared a nice merlot, which happened to be the new house wine and it was great! We all had leftovers, so the portions are generous.
They gave my son some nice gelato for his birthday. Very good service! We hope to return!