“Casual restaurant, beautiful setting.”

The Cliff Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you’re looking for a relaxing lunch, a fine dining experience or a venue for that special occasion, we have it all with a panoramic 180 degree view of the ocean. Oceanfront, open-air dining and cocktails are available daily at the spectacularly-situated Cliff Restaurant in the quaint Laguna Village artist community at 577 South Coast Highway in Laguna Beach.
Denver, CO
“Casual restaurant, beautiful setting.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Good food, good service, outstanding view. Gets a little hot in the afternoon, but perfect in the early am and evening.

• Turkish first
Colorado
“Magnificent View”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Laguna Beach, great view, so you have to order fish. The swordfish was as good as any I've had anywhere. We were there for lunch and it was crowded but that wasn't a problem. Parking is a bit of a problem, though. Valet parking, $3.00 per hour. There are small shops around the restaurant that use the same small parking lot. Very good food and service.

Bob Garramone
Denver

• Visited October 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great surroundings, mediocre service and food.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Per their website, I called for seating one hour in advance. Interestingly, they took my cell phone number and not my name, but said that I would be given the first available table upon my arrival.

In actuality, we arrived and the hostess seemed confused and asked for my name. She remembered my call, but didn't see my name on the list (which she didn't solicit). She promised to seat us in their first available table, but we watched her seat several others before she asked me for my name (again). She then seated us when someone else left.

The entertainment was pretty bad (shocking) and the food was very mediocre. We were there to celebrate a family birthday, but we couldn't get to desert. The fish tacos were flavorless and our daughter's burger was average. For a family of four, we spent over $100 and it wasn't worth it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Reeder44
Florida
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Having visited The Cliff recently, we enjoyed sitting outside by the fire pits while listening to some great entertainment. Unfortunately, this area is deemed a "smoking area," so food is not permitted to be served :-( This was a big draw-back as we had hoped for dinner as well as drinks. Drinks are pricey and not particularly good, though the concoctions sound intriguing and yummy. The area for entertainment is away from the beach overlook, so if you wish to see the sunset, you need to either get a table away from the entertainment where you can dine as well, or simply visit that area for a photo op. All in all, would recommend for sunset entertainment.

• Visited August 2012
Fishkill, NY
“Good Food Reasonable Priced, Amazing View”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Ate here many years ago and could not remember the name. Wanted to eat here again on a recent trip to California but I could not remember the name. Someone suggested The Cliff to me as I was inquiring about a reasonably priced place to eat with a view in Laguna. I was so happy when we arrived that it was the same restuarant I had eaten at years ago!!!!

The food was very good. My husband had a cheeseburger and I had the pear salad. For dessert we had the bananas foster bites. Everything was very good and the service was great. The view was amazing! I wish we had been there for sunset!

The location is in a perfect area to explore Laguna which we did after lunch.

• Visited September 2012