Holiday Inn Laguna Beach
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
Art Hotel - Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Travelocity
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
$199
  • Pool
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$276
$242
$201
$189
$299
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Orbitz.com
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$695
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$329
Hotels.com
All reviewsacross the streetcourtyard poolralph's grocery storeupgraded to a suiterooms facebottled waternice poolreception areano elevatorsan diegoper daywithin walking distanceparking feelocation is greatshops and restaurantspageant of the mastersart galleries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a charming property right on the main drag, a short walk to the beach and very conveniently located just a few blocks from the highway leading inland (CA 133, Laguna Canyon Road), connecting to the main north-south routes (CA 73 and I-5), and just a 30-minute drive to Orange County airport. We were looking for a place to accommodate guests for our son’s wedding that took place nearby. The Holiday Inn staff was unfailingly helpful. By booking for our group we received significantly discounted rates over Valentine’s Day weekend. We had family and friends staying anywhere from one to four nights, and over the weeks and days leading up to the event many changes occurred in people’s plans, but the hotel handled everything flawlessly. Everybody felt comfortable in the pleasantly appointed rooms. The weather was nice enough for sitting around the pool during free time, and the ground-floor restaurant was likewise accommodating and friendly. We felt very fortunate to have found this Holiday Inn. It met our needs and those of our friends and relatives in the best possible way. We would be very happy to stay there again on another trip to Southern California and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor rooms open to pool and restaurant. Second floor rooms adjoin lobby (free internet access and printer, free coffee and tea available all day) and also main access to street. All rooms open inward to pool area (1st floor) and balcony (2d floor).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are extremely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad that you got to experience Laguna and leave with treasured memories. We hope that you do come back and visit us again soon. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We love that this Holiday Inn is so close to everything. Cleo Street Beach is right across the street. We'd have breakfast most mornings at the Orange Inn and then take our coffee to go and walk down the steps to the beach. The hotel also has complimentary coffee, lemonade, bottled water, and sodas in the lobby area, which was also nice. Easy walk to downtown, i.e., Main Beach, shops, restaurants, etc. and Ralph's grocery store is right across the street. One evening we were quite tired and decided to eat at the restaurant located on the premises. It's called "Mare" and it was actually pretty good. Our room was nice and clean. I did notice dust accumulating in the bathroom vent and dust on the toilet paper holder, but I'm a clean freak so I notice things like that. The thing about choosing a hotel based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor is that everyone has different tastes and expectations; I see that some people really like this hotel while others thought it was just fair. If you want a place to stay in Laguna that's very reasonably priced, close to everything, and clean, this is a safe bet. The hotel staff is professional and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the restaurant side are quiter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneLynn
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for providing us with feedback. I do apologize for the unpleasant experience but I am very happy that you brought it to our attention so that we can continue to improve our services. We hope that in future you can come back and have a pleasant experience with us. We hope to see you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Nice location in Laguna, near beach and town. Staff was excellent: friendly and courteous.

The facilities were just fair for the price. By the way, the parking up back is a substantial extra charge. The parking was very tight. The room was on the small side. Wall paper was peeling on the corner adjacent to the bathroom. The carpet has certainly seen better days. The coffee machine was buried in a cubby hole under the TV, and difficult to access and see. Bed reading was hindered by lack of decent lighting.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be preferable to basement (down one story from entrance and parking lot) rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rob e
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service but I am sorry to hear that our facility didn't match up to your standards. We always want our guests to leave our hotel with a great experience and we are always looking on ways to improve and your feedback helps us do so. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms so I do hope that when you come back you will be just as excited as we are for our new look. May you have a wonderful day and thank you for your business.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've seen this place many times when in Laguna Beach for the day. The hotel looks so tropical and welcoming, I made a note to stay here sometime in the future. I can see why the reviews are so good as there are many pros with this hotel, but I found the beds hard as a rock. The mattress was a Serta Concierge Emerald. I googled it and many results say it's plush, but there was nothing plush about the mattress and it had a basic mattress pad with no padding (no 2-3 inch foam insert, etc). I'm perplexed by the reviews stating how comfortable the bed is.

PROS:
Location - steps from the beach, on the strip close to all the shops, Ralphs next door, Taco Bell and a cafe right across the street, Mare restaurant at the location and the food is GOOD
Price - very affordable considering the prime location
Staff - nice, professional
Free wifi in room
Refrigerator in room
Nicely remodeled bathroom
Pool - nicely landscaped grounds, clean area, pool nice temp
Breakfast - no, but they have bottled water, coffee and pepsi products that are complimentary which came in handy at the pool

CONS-
Bed uncomfortable
The restaurant could be loud for guests by those rooms
Air conditioner - window unit, confusing. Seemed to stay on constantly if set to auto. I was constantly turning off, turning back on, setting sleep timer, etc.
My room (Room 29, first floor, toward deep end of the pool) had loud, vibrating pipes. Not sure if it was because I was by the ice machine or if it was the room above me, but it was loud and had I not been really tired, not sure if I would have fallen asleep.

I'm not sure I'd go back. As great as everything else is, the comfort of the bed is a top priority for me when staying somewhere.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 29 and the walls vibrating and wailed from loud pipes. Also, room 76 is by the restaurant which will be loud (restaurant closes at 8pm though).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dixied12
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in town. As you mentioned our mattresses do get a lot of good reviews which is why we are sorry to hear that you didn't find them comfortable. However, we understand everyone's preferences are different and we do appreciate your feedback. We hope that in the future you can give us a second chance and have a better nights rest. Thank you, may you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Came here for business, but brought my dad and my dog along. The room I got was kind of dark, with window facing half the central courtyard, and half the corridor leading to the back entrance. On the other side, was quiet, and my dog didn't get too riled up with outside noises.
Location is convenient, and many good restaurants, the beach and stores at walking distance. It's fairly clean, but not spotless.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy to hear that you had a good time during your stay with us. The restaurants in Laguna have so much to offer and yes they are conveniently located. We do hope that you can come back and stay with us again soon so you can further indulge in Laguna beaches treasures. May you have a wonderful day.