“Laguna Beach Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Ladera Ranch, California
“Laguna Beach Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Such a wonderful resort hotel! The perfect spot for an adult or a family getaway. Amazing location and unbelievable, attentive and friendly staff, that make this stay extra special. One of the only hotels in south county that has such easy beach access (right on the water!) AND has both beach and pool service. Bonus - great spa.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Our family of four stayed a full week. we loved the view of the ocean and the service was great. The pool area was very nice. The hotel is well staffed. The only suggestion I have is for tougher security at the pool. It is tough to find a seat and half the people in the pool area on most days are not hotel guests and are not supposed to be there but no one really kicks them out. I saw one lady talk the staff into letting her and her large family stay even though they were not guests and the pool area was packed.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are great
3 Thank Mike P
Hollywood, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

So, I have stayed at the surf and sand roughly 30 times. I am a regular. Yes, there are a lot of great things. I love the room in the tower as it feels as if you are floating on a ship. A few things bothered me this time. 1. POOL SERVICE. AWFUL!! I was approached to see if I would like to place an order and I said "let's start with ice water with lemon", I was instructed that there is a cooler with lemon water and to get it myself!! Later, I asked for a glass of chard. It was finally delivered warm with a cup of ice!!! I sent it back. 2. NO AIR!! I did not get a good night sleep for three nights. The room was like an oven. This is the first time I really needed air. While I realize "normally" guests do not need air as it cools down at night quite nicely. This time NO. The hotel should be more apologetic OR offer a steep discount!! It is really awful. I was so bad I pulled the cushions off the sofa and slept on the floor of the balcony!!! All this for $500.00/night????? REALLY SURF AND SAND???

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Richard A
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

I've stayed here many times. It's pretty, clean, spacious and with great amenities such as the food , spa and beach area. The view is amazing! It wouldbe a fabulous venue for a wedding. They used to have Aveda products as their amenities.

Room Tip: I love the rooms over the water as long as crashing waves don't bother you. :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane L
SW USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

We just returned from another stay at this property. It's in a great location with all the amenities of a first class resort. I am sad to say that for the first time we had some issues. We had requested a corner room, upper floor s. side of Tower Bldg. to stay away from pool/bar noise at night as this was a R & R trip for us..we were awakened at 715 AM on day 1 by a jackhammer in the building next to us. In other properties we have been advised of ongoing construction in the area, but not this time...sleeping in impossible even with the supplied ear plugs. Having said that the housekeeping, valet, and bell staff were always smiling and helpful. I have downgraded my rating as we were given no warning of potential ongoing construction noise, even lesser rated properties do that.

Room Tip: Normally I would say, s side of tower building to stay away from nightlife noise, but with ongoing c...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MoSwUsa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

It is a very nice place, but it was unfortunate for us, when we came back from dinner to the room the door was wide opened, the 911 didn't work from my i phone. Hotel called the local police, which refused To file a report on braking to my room

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tatiana d
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

This place is absolute luxury all the way. We loved every minute of our stay and didn't want to leave. Right on the ocean, rooms/pool/beach all beautiful, excellent foodand service. Do not miss it! Perfect resort for families.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel