Surf & Sand Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Coast Inn(Laguna Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)
  • Breakfast included
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
1,850 results
All reviewssplashes restauranttower roomthere is no air conditioningsound of the wavesprovide ear plugsceiling fanhigh tideocean frontthe pacific oceanturn down servicefalling asleepbeautiful resortbeautiful roomspecial occasionamazing locationthe ritzsouthern california
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2014

So, I have stayed at the surf and sand roughly 30 times. I am a regular. Yes, there are a lot of great things. I love the room in the tower as it feels as if you are floating on a ship. A few things bothered me this time. 1. POOL SERVICE. AWFUL!! I was approached to see if I would like to place an order and I said "let's start with ice water with lemon", I was instructed that there is a cooler with lemon water and to get it myself!! Later, I asked for a glass of chard. It was finally delivered warm with a cup of ice!!! I sent it back. 2. NO AIR!! I did not get a good night sleep for three nights. The room was like an oven. This is the first time I really needed air. While I realize "normally" guests do not need air as it cools down at night quite nicely. This time NO. The hotel should be more apologetic OR offer a steep discount!! It is really awful. I was so bad I pulled the cushions off the sofa and slept on the floor of the balcony!!! All this for $500.00/night????? REALLY SURF AND SAND???

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Richard A
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I've stayed here many times. It's pretty, clean, spacious and with great amenities such as the food , spa and beach area. The view is amazing! It wouldbe a fabulous venue for a wedding. They used to have Aveda products as their amenities.

Room Tip: I love the rooms over the water as long as crashing waves don't bother you. :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We just returned from another stay at this property. It's in a great location with all the amenities of a first class resort. I am sad to say that for the first time we had some issues. We had requested a corner room, upper floor s. side of Tower Bldg. to stay away from pool/bar noise at night as this was a R & R trip for us..we were awakened at 715 AM on day 1 by a jackhammer in the building next to us. In other properties we have been advised of ongoing construction in the area, but not this time...sleeping in impossible even with the supplied ear plugs. Having said that the housekeeping, valet, and bell staff were always smiling and helpful. I have downgraded my rating as we were given no warning of potential ongoing construction noise, even lesser rated properties do that.

Room Tip: Normally I would say, s side of tower building to stay away from nightlife noise, but with ongoing construction to the s of property, if you want quiet I would ask staff!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MoSwUsa
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

It is a very nice place, but it was unfortunate for us, when we came back from dinner to the room the door was wide opened, the 911 didn't work from my i phone. Hotel called the local police, which refused To file a report on braking to my room

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank tatiana d
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This place is absolute luxury all the way. We loved every minute of our stay and didn't want to leave. Right on the ocean, rooms/pool/beach all beautiful, excellent foodand service. Do not miss it! Perfect resort for families.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank BeachHappiness