“Wonderful weekend.”

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very nice hotel, perfect location, wonderful weekend. The place is great ... ok, not a Ritz, so expect a little more boutique and "homey", but everyone was so nice ... the location, views, are just perfect. The pool was right our door, the town was a few steps away, this was just the perfect getaway ... If you're thinking Ritz-like, think again, if you're thinking wonderful getaway with great folks, location, and lovely rooms and a location you can hear the waves, this is quite a find!!

Room Tip: We were 3rd floor, by the pool...a simple room, no view, but easy access to pool and front desk... i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank M
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Frank M

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach and thank you for staying with us. We do agree with you that our location is "perfect" a couple of blocks from the Village and steps to the beach. I work with a group of people that truly care about each guest experience so we all try to create positive memories.

We are very happy you found us and we look forward to your return. Please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were celebrating our anniversary and LOVED our experience here! Can't beat the location - easy walking distance to everything fun, from gorgeous beaches in both directions, to fabulous restaurants, galleries and shops in the heart of town. Views are SPECTACULAR! Very clean property all the way around, fresh beachy decor, very friendly and professional staff made our stay very comfortable. Felt like we were in paradise, anywhere in the world. We've stayed at other properties with great service -- Casa Laguna Inn (B&B - beautiful property and amazing breakfast but small rooms too far from town) and Surf and Sand (classy, good rooms and great views but too big and far from town for our taste) -- and we like this much better for location, rooms, ambiance, and overall value.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Melanie_Antoine

Dear Melanie_Antoine

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us, we truly appreciate it. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You certainly touched on a couple of our great attributes our location and our staff. We agree we have the best location in town, easy access to the beach, and a couple of blocks into the Village of Laguna. We also believe that it is our staff that brings heart and soul to our property. I am blessed everyday to work with our team. Each member truly cares about the guest experience and they want everyone to leave with positive memories.

We hope to see you again, hopefully before your next anniversary. The next time you are here please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

There are no words to describe how amazing this hotel is. I had made last minute reservations and there was only one room left with King bed/village view. I was traveling with both of my children so a king was a bit cramped. Upon arrival, the front desk lady was able to upgrade us to room with two queens and opened up to the pool. We were very impressed!

The room was very clean and cozy. It had all the plenty of snacks and drinks, including Starbucks coffee. The beds were very comfortable, as well.

The hotel offers wine tasting at 5pm, which I took advantage of. The wine was delicious and the company was good. They also served fresh Starbucks coffee every morning.

The location is perfect with amazing views. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The only downside to the entire stay was having to leave.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica C
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Monica

We hope you and your boys return to our "little piece of Heaven", especially since you did not want to leave. Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am grateful everyday to work with a team that truly cares about the guest experience, they really want to make sure every guest leaves with positive memories of there stay in Laguna Beach.

You touched on a couple of our amenities, coffee in the morning and wine hour in the evenings, we also offer cookies and milk, beach chairs, and much more. I am happy you enjoyed the wine hour it is a good time for our guest to interact with each other and a member of the management team.

Thank you again, please return and the next time you do please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I decided that my wife and I had to get away after Xmas, but were worried that nothing would be available with so little notice. I found the Inn At Laguna Beach on Google and liked the location. I called them and was surprised to find that they had a number of rooms for various prices. The agent, a delightful young lady named Heather, helped me select a room that satisfied my requirements.

When I arrived, the staff was excellent. The property was beautiful, right on the ocean. Our room had an ocean view so we spent most of our time sitting on our balcony and walking on the beach. I had one of the best night's sleep I've had in a while.

For breakfast, we took a short walk up the beach to C'est La Vie, one of our favorite restaurants in the area.

All in all, the stay was too short but we were completely satisfied. We will be back next month.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven K

Dear Steven K

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I enjoy coming to work each and spending my time with a great team. We could not agree more regarding Heather, she has done such a great job for us that we just promoted her and we believe she will help the Hotel continue to improve. As it is our goal to consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.

The next time you and your wife need time to relax please come back and visit us, we are here to recommend restaurants in the area, in room massage, or give you the best coves to go explore.

Thank you again, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

One of the best locations in Laguna, easy walk to shops/stores for all ages..A little loud above the pool during the day, though the evening surf sound can't be beat. Outstanding restaurants, excellent California style mexican across the street at Carmelitas and if you like real local seafood, search out Zoolu (a bit of a hike). Best of all, the staff is nice and honest (we accidently left Rose Bowl tickets in the room which were turned in to the front desk and held for us, wow).

Room Tip: Suggest top floor suite or lower level rooms on the east side directly above the strand.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 123jimBoston

Dear 123jimBoston

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, you touched on two of our best attributes our staff and our location. I am fortunate every day to come to work and be surrounded by a great team. Nothing makes our team happier then to return missing items to there rightful owner, I do hope you enjoyed the Rose Bowl, it was good game in a great environment.

As for our location, you are correct we are within walking distance of so many great restaurants, galleries, and shopping. The restaurants you choose were a couple of my favorite.

Please come back and visit us again and when you do please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Location location location! Walk everywhere. Feet from the ocean, wonderful ocean views. The staff couldn't be any nicer. Hot tea delivered to the room nightly. Beautiful sunsets on the terrace. The room was a bit small but for more money you can get a bigger room. Perfect relaxing week at the beach! Love love love this place!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hollyh614

Dear Hollyh614

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on our best attribute our location, we like to say that once you are here there is no need to get back in a car.

Your heading is why we love to live here as we think it is a little slice of Heaven but we love to share. We hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Love everything about this facility. The grounds, the beach, the generously sized rooms, the nightly hot tea delivered to the room, the cookies and milk in the lobby as well as fresh cucumber ice water, the newspapers, the complimentary beach chairs and towels, the sheets and comfortable beds, the front desk personnel, the door men, the bell desk service, the private parking, the binoculars in the rooms the sunset patio bar and the incredible view from our room and everything else.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room for the ultimate Laguna experience. Choose a city view if on business and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Judie M
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Judie M

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am happy to see that in every way we exceeded your expectation as this is what we strive for with every guest.

Please look me up the next time you are in Laguna Beach so I can give you a warm welcome back.