“Delicious!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the most special place in all of California. It is situated between a main public beach and secret coves. So much to do in the town and outdoors. This property is the best of everything. I can't even begin to tell you how intimately comfortable, clean, fun and relaxing the experience was a couple of weeks ago. The staff is so friendly - sincerely. I am a regular visitor and my expectations are exceeded every visit. The park, beaches and the property are constantly improving. My son looks forward to it every year. The amenities are so unique. You don't want to leave and you long to go back. You have to try paddle boarding too - it's way easier than you think.

Room Tip: Ocean views all the way!!! The best night sleep EVER.
Green Features: From what I could tell they are very cognizant of environmentally friendly practices - but they don't put it in your face everywhere and they don't make you feel they are put out if you want extra towels.
5 Thank pkyan
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear pkayn

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We are waiting for you to return. It sounds like you really made the most of your visit and took in all that Laguna Beach has to offer. I am very lucky to work everyday with a great group of people. The team at the Inn truly cares about your guest experience and it makes me very happy that we exceed your expectations each visit.

Please look me up the next time you are visiting the Inn at Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm welcome back.

Peggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
phoenix
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our room was great! The patio was perfect! We were in a pool level 2 queen room with a large patio! The location is perfect just a walk down the stairs and your there. The staff was amazing and wine hour on the roof and free coffee in the morning! A great place!

Room Tip: A pool view or ocean view is a MUST!
1 Thank chad44
Dear Chad44

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am happy to read you think the staff is AMAZING, I pinch myself everyday knowing I am working with such a great group of people.

Please give us advance notice of your return to the Inn at Laguna Beach as we would love to make reservaions for you at Nicks and Alyessa.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Laguna Beach is magical. The beauty of the greenery and the ocean is enchanting. Be warned however that Laguna Beach hotels and restaurants are quite expensive in season, which is now, (July/August).
The Inn at Laguna Beah was recently renovated. The hotel is immaculate and very cozy. The staff were all helpful and anxious to please. Very friendly..Very accommodating. The room we had was oceanfront on the 4th floor. The room was very comfortable.
The only reason I did not rate 5 stars was the absence of a restaurant in the hotel. However, restaurants of all sorts abound in town. You can either drive into the heart of town or take a delightful walk. everything is slose by. Laguna Beach is perfect..Enjoy !!

Room Tip: Oceanfront (if you can afford it !!)
Green Features: All of Laguna Beach is totally enviro-friendly. You won;t see smoking on the beach, or hardly anywhere..Not even paper bags in the retail stores.
2 Thank taciturn01
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Taciturn01

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am pleased you enjoy thr renovated room and that you pointed out how accomodating the staff is. I love working with such a dedicated staff, they truly care about each guest experience.

In absence of a restaurant we have partnered with Las Brisas, so we can provide Room Service for our guests and our guest have the ability to charge meals and drinks at Las Brisas to there rooms.

Laguna Beach is really a year round destination and although July and August are the busier months due to the Pageant and the Art Festivals the other 10 months of the year are great. Please come back and visit and experience all that Laguna has to offer. On your next stay please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to get out of Los Angeles for a weekend and we are so glad we chose the Inn At Laguna Beach! The location is perfect- great proximity to restaurants, the art fairs and located right on the beach. The view is impeccable with and most of all, the staff were beyond friendly, helpful and courteous. The afternoon wine tasting on the patio is a wonderful touch as well. We will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mblaydow
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear mblaydow

Thank you for yor kind review regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on all of the great things about our property, with our location, you can park your car and forget about it for the weekend. I am fortunate everyday to be surrounded by such a great team they truly care about your experience and making your stay memorable. The next time you and yor wife need a break from LA please come back and visit. I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Here's the deal: I did not want to leave this hotel and I almost tied myself to the railing so that I didn't have to leave!!! We were re-doing our honeymoon by driving up the coast for our 25th anniversary. One mention of this to the front desk clerk and we were upgraded to an ocean view room and checked in early! SO NICE OF THEM TO DO!! It was incredible to sit on the beach all day and then listen to the sound of the waves all night long. HEAVEN. Oh, the room was perfectly clean, very quiet, the bed was so comfortable, and did I mention the hotel is RIGHT ON THE BEACH?! Not across PCH like most hotels by the beach in CA. In the morning we walked the beach to the tide pools in one direction and sandy shores in the other. The perfect location. The staff was lovely and there were free drinks and snacks at various times throughout the day, not to mention free beach chairs and towels. I'm moving in....seriously, we are thinking of returning in October for my husband's 50th birthday! That's how much we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must.
Green Features: They had a trash can and a recycling bin in each room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lawsonma
Dear Lawsonma

Thank you so much for your kind review regarding your recent visit. It is always great to read that a gust does not want to leave but better to read you will be coming back. Laguna Beach has so much to offer year round and our tide pools are not going anywhere. We apprecaite it when a guest wants to celebrate a special occasion with us and a 25 anniversary is something to celebrate. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We are looking forward to your return visit, please look me up the next time you stay as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach Welcome Back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few days in early July. Some thoughts to share with trip advisor!

This is a great location that facilitates your exploration of Laguna and other beaches, Newport, Huntgington, etc. The room was very clean, but very small—seemed like a shoebox. The pool was also a great draw, but was small and had limited seating. The beach had massive amounts of seaweed which made laying at the beach difficult. The hotel did provide chairs, but they were small and not fit for adults to use for a day. I needed to rent a chair from a competitor hotel to spend time relaxed outside on the beach-- not cool.However, the highlight of my trip was the complementary wine that the hotel offered at 5PM daily.It drew a nice crowd and was hosted by very friendly staffs members. Guests seemed to mingle well in this area.

In a nutshell, the facility was nice but seemed undercapitalized, like they haven’t upgraded the hotel in many years—almost like from 1970’s—but not the chic 1970’s. If management put some resources into this hotel, it would make a great hotel, even better!

I would suggest you go to this hotel if you want something very basic and close to all the action in town. The hotel even has parking, but for an additional $30.00 per day, which seems essential in Laguna beach. However, if you like highly upgraded hotel, equipped with modernist surroundings ( palm springs style/ Ace Hotel), I would avoid this location. Worse, to visit Laguna and sit on chairs from this hotel competitors made me think twice about this hotel. Simply put, this hotel simply lacked a cool vibe and was unable to provide for guest wishing to have a hassle free beach vacation.

But a great staff made up for it all!

I would go back if I am in the area, but with minimized expectations.

I will also bring by own beach chairs and be prepared to sit outside other, better maintained hotels!

Room Tip: Sea view is very expensive, take a view of town better-- the balcony is not worth $500.00 per day wi...
Green Features: Staff works hard to make the place eco friendly-- Air conditioners keep hotel very cool and have good temp thermostats!
3 Thank sanjuan787
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Sanjuan787

Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We appreciate all comments positive and negative as they will only help us improve our product and services. I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel needed upgrading as last year we spent approximately 2.5 million dollars on a renovation. The guest rooms, Pool, Pool Deck, Lobby and the Terrace were all completely renovated. We will be replacing the coridor carpet later this year. As you can imagine with a renovation we cannot please everyone but we certainly tried to make the rooms and the rest of the hotel comfortable.

We do apprecaite your comments regarding the beach chairs, I know this will not change your mind but prior to your comments we started to look into new beach chairs and umbrellas, we should have them early next year.

Thank you for pointing out the positives. I am lucky everday to work with the team at the Inn at Laguna Beach, they care about the guest. We do think we have one of the best locations in town as you can park your car and walk anywhere in the Village and Festivals or take the trolly to the South end of town.

Thank you for your comments, the next time you want to visit Laguna Beach, please reach out to me as I would love to help you find a hotel that will better suit your needs. Of course I would like to welcome you back to the Inn but more than that I want you to be happy.

Please visit our Beach Town again real soon

Thanks
Laramie
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just can't say enough about this terrific hotel with the best location in all of Laguna. The whole staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean. The employees bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant. You are within walking distance of all of Laguna and the views are amazing. I think that the Terrace is the best kept secret in Laguna. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view rooms
3 Thank Susie C
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Susie C

Thank you for your kind review regarding your most recent visit. I was happy to read your comments regarding our staff as I am blessed everyday to come to work and be surrounded by a great team. Thank you for sharing our secret as we believe our Terrace is a fantasitc place to enjoy a glass of wine, curl up with a good book, or just a great place for converstaion.

Thank you again and please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back!!