“WOW”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Littleton, Colorado
“WOW”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Here's the deal: I did not want to leave this hotel and I almost tied myself to the railing so that I didn't have to leave!!! We were re-doing our honeymoon by driving up the coast for our 25th anniversary. One mention of this to the front desk clerk and we were upgraded to an ocean view room and checked in early! SO NICE OF THEM TO DO!! It was incredible to sit on the beach all day and then listen to the sound of the waves all night long. HEAVEN. Oh, the room was perfectly clean, very quiet, the bed was so comfortable, and did I mention the hotel is RIGHT ON THE BEACH?! Not across PCH like most hotels by the beach in CA. In the morning we walked the beach to the tide pools in one direction and sandy shores in the other. The perfect location. The staff was lovely and there were free drinks and snacks at various times throughout the day, not to mention free beach chairs and towels. I'm moving in....seriously, we are thinking of returning in October for my husband's 50th birthday! That's how much we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must.
Green Features: They had a trash can and a recycling bin in each room.
3 Thank Lawsonma
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Lawsonma

Thank you so much for your kind review regarding your recent visit. It is always great to read that a gust does not want to leave but better to read you will be coming back. Laguna Beach has so much to offer year round and our tide pools are not going anywhere. We apprecaite it when a guest wants to celebrate a special occasion with us and a 25 anniversary is something to celebrate. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We are looking forward to your return visit, please look me up the next time you stay as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach Welcome Back.

Peggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few days in early July. Some thoughts to share with trip advisor!

This is a great location that facilitates your exploration of Laguna and other beaches, Newport, Huntgington, etc. The room was very clean, but very small—seemed like a shoebox. The pool was also a great draw, but was small and had limited seating. The beach had massive amounts of seaweed which made laying at the beach difficult. The hotel did provide chairs, but they were small and not fit for adults to use for a day. I needed to rent a chair from a competitor hotel to spend time relaxed outside on the beach-- not cool.However, the highlight of my trip was the complementary wine that the hotel offered at 5PM daily.It drew a nice crowd and was hosted by very friendly staffs members. Guests seemed to mingle well in this area.

In a nutshell, the facility was nice but seemed undercapitalized, like they haven’t upgraded the hotel in many years—almost like from 1970’s—but not the chic 1970’s. If management put some resources into this hotel, it would make a great hotel, even better!

I would suggest you go to this hotel if you want something very basic and close to all the action in town. The hotel even has parking, but for an additional $30.00 per day, which seems essential in Laguna beach. However, if you like highly upgraded hotel, equipped with modernist surroundings ( palm springs style/ Ace Hotel), I would avoid this location. Worse, to visit Laguna and sit on chairs from this hotel competitors made me think twice about this hotel. Simply put, this hotel simply lacked a cool vibe and was unable to provide for guest wishing to have a hassle free beach vacation.

But a great staff made up for it all!

I would go back if I am in the area, but with minimized expectations.

I will also bring by own beach chairs and be prepared to sit outside other, better maintained hotels!

Room Tip: Sea view is very expensive, take a view of town better-- the balcony is not worth $500.00 per day wi...
Green Features: Staff works hard to make the place eco friendly-- Air conditioners keep hotel very cool and have good temp thermostats!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank sanjuan787
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Sanjuan787

Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We appreciate all comments positive and negative as they will only help us improve our product and services. I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel needed upgrading as last year we spent approximately 2.5 million dollars on a renovation. The guest rooms, Pool, Pool Deck, Lobby and the Terrace were all completely renovated. We will be replacing the coridor carpet later this year. As you can imagine with a renovation we cannot please everyone but we certainly tried to make the rooms and the rest of the hotel comfortable.

We do apprecaite your comments regarding the beach chairs, I know this will not change your mind but prior to your comments we started to look into new beach chairs and umbrellas, we should have them early next year.

Thank you for pointing out the positives. I am lucky everday to work with the team at the Inn at Laguna Beach, they care about the guest. We do think we have one of the best locations in town as you can park your car and walk anywhere in the Village and Festivals or take the trolly to the South end of town.

Thank you for your comments, the next time you want to visit Laguna Beach, please reach out to me as I would love to help you find a hotel that will better suit your needs. Of course I would like to welcome you back to the Inn but more than that I want you to be happy.

Please visit our Beach Town again real soon

Thanks
Laramie
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just can't say enough about this terrific hotel with the best location in all of Laguna. The whole staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean. The employees bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant. You are within walking distance of all of Laguna and the views are amazing. I think that the Terrace is the best kept secret in Laguna. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Susie C
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Susie C

Thank you for your kind review regarding your most recent visit. I was happy to read your comments regarding our staff as I am blessed everyday to come to work and be surrounded by a great team. Thank you for sharing our secret as we believe our Terrace is a fantasitc place to enjoy a glass of wine, curl up with a good book, or just a great place for converstaion.

Thank you again and please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back!!

Dallas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you ever get to steal four days with your husband, come to the Inn at Laguna Beach. Magical!
You sleep with the surf rhythmically rocking away any troubles, hear the laughter of families on the beach, breathe fresh sea air. The manager thought of every comfort. Our room was pristine, spacious, beautiful, and newly decorated. The huge plantation shutters opened to the balcony where we spent a lot of time. The location is near the best restaurants and shops. We rode the free summer trolley, rented bikes, and were enchanted by the Pageant of the Masters- get your tickets as early as possible. The hotel even provided binoculars.
This is a place to truly unwind and feel pampered.

Room Tip: we loved the privacy of the south corner room, third floor
2 Thank 6nana
Dear 6nana

Thank you for your kind review regarding your last visit. You touched on all of the positive things not only about our hotel but also about Laguna Beach. I am blessed to have a wonderful team around me to make sure that we can meet and hopefully exceed the expectations of our guest, the credit for comfort should go to the staff not me, but thank you.

As you found out Laguna Beach is a place you can sit and relax or you can go and discover either is just as enjoyable. Our location makes it easy to not get in a car as we are within walking distance to the Village and 64 steps to main beach. Many guest who attend the Pageant find it enchanting and cannot wait to return.

We hope you return to the Inn at Laguna Beach, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a Warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Easy walking-distance to shops, restaurants, etc. of Laguna Beach is top selling point to me for Inn at LB. Plus, the oceanfront setting! Stay was so-so for me as WI-FI was out (had to go to Starbucks across street) and "pool view" room. They aren't kidding! I could not open my shutters at all as room was literally 3-4' from pool side loungers! Could probably have applied suntan lotion if they had asked me! Definitely go for the ocean front room! (None were available on my trip.)

Front desk never called us back, as promised, to say our room was ready, so we spent 4 hours cruising around downtown LB before I asked them. In sum, Inn is probably very nice, just avoid the pool-side room on 3rd floor. Kudos to bellmen, however. They were top-notch.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor "pool side" rooms; too closer to pool! Go for the ocean front if possible...
Green Features: Kudos to in-room trashcan recycling. Appreciate that they are green level bronze.
1 Thank Southerner12
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Southerner12

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We learn from all comments both positive and negative and we make adjustments when possible. Unfortunately we are not able to chane the room layout, as we have limited real estate, so the pool level rooms are very close to the pool. On the positive side we will be installing a new WiFi system as of July 17, 2013. We will have access throughout the hotel as well as 24 hour support on the system, so there should not be a need to go across the street to Starbucks, unless you want a coffee.

Thank you for pointing out our location, Laguna Beach is a very walkable City and we beleive we are centrally located to not only the beach but also the Village of Laguna. Great shopping and dining establishments are right here so there is no need to get in a car. I am happy to read that our Bellman took such great care of you, I am fortunate everyday to work with the team.

I do hope you will return to Laguna Beach, on your next visit please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back!!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I had a very pleasant one-night stay. The room was clean. Being able to see and hear the ocean while lying in bed was a treat! We appreciated the Internet access. The location, service, accommodations, views were all above average. We loved the happy hour on the roof from 5 to 6. The pool was nice and warm also.

As others have stated, The staff was friendly and accommodating. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: A must to get an ocean view and one preferably on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank spygirl55
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear SpyGirl55

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we learn from our guest feedback as we do not want to rest on our laurels. We do believe we have one of the best locations in town as you can leave your car parked and walk or take the trolley anywhere you may want to go. We pride ourselves on our service so I am especially happy to see you comment about our staff.

We look forward to your return, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The rooms and views are breath taking. The staff couldn't have done a better job in making sure our every need was fulfilled. The terrace is amazing. Parking is easy to get in and out. Perfect shops restaurants all with in walking distance. Can't wait to come back again. Wife was almost in tears leaving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JimmyLujan
Dear Jimmy Lujan

We do not want to see your wife in tears so one of the remedies would be to return to the Inn at Laguna Beach!!! Thank you for your kind comments we pride ourselves on our service so I am grateful we did not let you down. I feel lucky everyday to come to work and be surrounded by a great group of individuals.

Please bring your wife back and do look me up on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.