i stayed at this hotel because it was one of the cheapest hotels i could find in Laguna Beach.
i made my reservation through their web site, with a quoted rate of $144.00. my e-mail confirmation from their reservation system said "The designated amount includes all service charges and the statutory value added tax."
upon checkout, they charged my card over $160, which included tax on top of the $144. i noticed this after the front desk person ran my card and i looked up my e-mail confirmation on my phone and showed it to her. she said she'd "look into it" and i told her i'd discuss it with them when i returned later that day. i returned later in the evening and the front desk person had no idea what i was talking about (nobody checked into anything, left a note, or anything of the sort). he gave me the manager's number and i called the next day to talk to the front desk person again. she refunded my card the difference, but was resistant and told me she'd do it "this one time only," as if i was asking her for a favor.
both desk people acknowledged that this was a problem on their site and both treated me like it was my fault and i was asking them to do something special for me.
on top of everything else, upon check-in, i was met with a stare-down, along with a "what is up with your hair?" comment as my greeting to their hotel by the same desk person who processed my checkout. this is because my hair was dyed a couple of different colors. Orange County is conservative, but customer service people should reserve their judgments.
in summary, this is a good value compared to most hotels in the area, but the service is lousy. and the rooms are very run down. nothing says "class" like art work that is nailed to the wall, a crappy goose bowl glued to the bathroom counter and a broken sign on the bathroom mirror that indicates that they "account for their towels" (like i was going to steal one).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the stunning backdrop of Laguna Beach, a classic 1950s Southern California Motor Lodge is reborn as a comfortable boutique hotel.The Laguna Beach Lodge offers outstanding value: free parking, complimentary breakfast and attractive rates.Ideally situated and perfect for families, we capture the spirit of Laguna and make it all affordable, convenient, and fun.•A short walk to Treasure Island Beach.•Summertime trolley service from our front door to Laguna's village.•Free Wifi.•Bright, cheerful, and fresh Laguna Beach hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Laguna Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Laguna Reef Hotel
- Laguna Reef Motel
- Best Western Laguna Beach