“Good Deal”

Laguna Brisas Hotel
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Visalia, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2005

The room was nicely furnished and very clean, with a balcony and some ocean view. Breakfast was good. The pool area and patio on the upper floor was pleasant. The parking garage had good size spaces. The staff and management were friendly and professional. My next trip to Laguna will include staying at the Las Brisas.

4 Thank Gloryj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2005

I recently stayed here after deciding to travel to Laguna Beach last minute. The staff was always extremely friendly and helpful even before I booked the reservation. I was leary of staying at some of the Inn's I researched online and am so pleased I stayed at the Laguna Brisas. The entire property is beautiful and clean. While space comes at a premium everywhere in this charming beach town, the room was decently sized and most importantly CLEAN! The jacuzzi was wonderful, and the ramp to bluebird beach is right across the street. The only neutral part of my stay was the bed, it was on the short side, and a little lumpy but certainly still comfortable enough to rest peacefully. If you are a light sleeper do not stay in one of the end units, the traffic can be loud early. Enjoy continental breakfast on the terrace or take a snack down to the beach. You won't be disappointed by your stay here. Even better the location is great, really close to shops restaurants and a grocery store. You won't need a car to get around!

• Stayed March 2005
23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2005

We stayed at the Laguna Brisas in mid-January, the first sunny weekend after California's two big rainstorms. We were wondering about residual problems from that, but the weather was warm and sunny and all we saw were a few leftover sandbags here and there around town.

Three of us shared a handicapped-accessible room and it was quite spacious. Two of us were in the queen bed and the third used the pullout couch, which was OK and worked fine for a stay of two nights.

The room had a lot of counter and shelf space (top of the dresser, a shelf above the closet rod, a lighted counter, the table and chairs in the corner), and that was nice for the three of us and our stuff. The bathroom was large and easily maneuverable. The only thing is that there is a lack of any counter or other space in the bathroom to store your toiletries. It's because the sink needs to be freestanding to accommodate a wheelchair (we actually weren't using one, but needed the roll-in shower for someone in our party who can't climb over a bathtub). So there is no vanity space. With three of us in the room we really noticed that, but with one or two people it might not be that big of a deal, especially if you use those hanging toiletry bags. Two friends in a regular room two doors down did have a lot of vanity space with their sink. I would recommend that they put in at least a small shelf somewhere in the handicapped bathrooms, either in the shower or out by the sink. In the shower there was no place to set your shampoo, etc. except on the floor.

Because of physical difficulties we did not use the in-room spa at all, except to take a picture of it!

We enjoyed sitting out on the small balcony overlooking Pacific Coast Highway. The traffic noise was not a problem at all.

The continental breakfast was ample and the food was tasty: muffins, danish, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal plus juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

The front desk staff were pleasant and the garage parking was very convenient to our room on the second floor. Overall we had a great time in Laguna and I personally would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2005
7 Thank ThiebaudFan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2004

I had to stay here for a week for company training. The training / conference room was small and the air circulation was unacceptable. I moved several times but was never able to escape the frigid air conditioning. I had to wear several layers of merino wool just to tolerate it. As for the rooms, I did not have the luxury of jacuzzi in my room until I complained and was moved on my second to last nite. The jacuzzi water smelled as if it was recycled from a treament plant. I also could not access the net via dial up and when I complained to the front-desk, I just got a blank stare and no resolution. I also had to traverse though a parking lot to access my room, and several corridors reeked of marijuana which I assume is the norm in this area. I was not impressed by the hotel, but it is very close to the beach and several bars. Another thing, the "door" separating the bathroom and room was like a western style half-swing type thing that I see in cowboy movies, it fell apart after swinging it a few times. The wallpaper was some sort of jungle mis-mash and the chairs were plastic/rataan. Beds were uncomfortable. A few co-workers had better rooms I think.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2004

We just loved Laguna Beach. Fabulous beach, nifty little shops and great hotels. We stayed at Best Western Laguna Beach Brisas Spa. Great location, nice hotel good breakfast. Had dinner at the Surf and Sand resort next door sat out on the patio and watched the waves come ashore. Watched the surfers in the morning and the locals playing with their pets on the beach. So relaxing and a great community. Went to Fashion Island Mall in Newport Beach. Lots of variety, classy, clean...a little too upscale for me but it was a trip just people watching...I think everyone there drives a high end vehicle. Check out Laguna Beach for a fun and relaxing holiday

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member