My family had just one night to spend in Laguna Beach, and we searched and searched for a beachside hotel that had decent reviews and that didn't cost $500 a night. We settled on the Best Western. The good things: its a "99 step" walk to a wonderful beach, they provide towels/chairs/beach toys, have free wi-fi, free breakfast and convenient free parking. The room was clean. We ate breakfast from a lovely sky deck with a nice view. The disappointments: the room is tiny, dark and very dated. The beds were low and saggy. Our "shower" was actually a 1980's sunken tub that was retrofitted as a shower! Very cheesy. I know it's a beach location, but there were constantly tiny ants in our bathroom. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly. Anywhere other than Laguna Beach, this "motel" would cost $69 a night!
The lowdown, if you have your heart set on a nice stay in Laguna Beach, bite the bullet and stay and Surf and Sand. If you are merely looking for a room to sleep in, you can stay at the Best Western for about $200 a night. Someone smart should buy this property and renovate and turn it into something special! It's a great location with plenty of potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "99 Steps to the Beach..." The alluring tranquility of the infinite Pacific will envelope your senses as you relax and rejuvenate in one of our fully air-conditioned rooms featuring beautifully appointed furnishings and 32-inch flat screen LCD Televisions. Immerse yourself in the warmth of the sun while gazing towards Catalina Island and the ocean's expanse from our scenic rooftop terrace followed by a soothing swim in the sparkling outdoor pool. Let your mind drift while your dreams soar. Complimentary high-speed Internet! Complimentary hot buffet breakfast! From a romantic getaway to a family vacation to the refined services for the business traveler, the Laguna Brisas Hotel is your perfect destination. From the moment you enter the lobby, you will be greeted with friendly smiles and the superior service one would expect from such a special location. Laguna Brisas is located above the crystal waters of the blue Pacific at the corner of Bluebird Canyon and South Coast Highway. Parking fee $20 USD per night; one parking spot allowed per room. Enjoy your moment at the Laguna Brisas Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laguna Brisas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas Hotel Laguna Beach
- Best Western Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Best Western