“Great room, good view and great service”

Laguna Brisas Hotel
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here due to its location, which is right on PCH. The hotel has an undercover parking which is convenient and the staff was helpful. We booked a deluxe queen room (which was on the 2nd floor) and it was very spacious with a spa bath in the bedroom, with a balcony and great view. However, it is right on the busy highway so it was a little noisy when the windows/door were open.

Room Tip: If you are not interested in the view, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
dsg92651, Director of Sales at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Your comments are very much appreciated! Additionally, some guest upgrade to a Premium room on the third floor which removes them further from any traffic noise and still provides a balcony and a partial ocean view as well.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed there on our way down the coast and found it very easily as it is located along the PCH. The hotel had an undercover parking which was convenient and the staff was helpful.
We booked a deluxe queen room (which was on the 2nd floor) and although it was very spacious with a spa bath in the lounge room (!!!) the balcony and outlook was right on the busy highway making it quite impossible to open the window door as it was too noisy. Breakfast was very average in a dark room, the only highlight was a waffle maker apart from that the food was below average. The pool and common terrace/sun deck area was nice though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or at least not on the highway!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lomo78
dsg92651, Director of Sales at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments! For those who prefer not to people watch from their private balconies, we suggest one of our rooms on the other side of the hotel. While they do not offer a private balcony, yu will not be on the highway /beach side. Your breakfast comments are alos appreciated. We are currently trying a variety of combinations to ensure we are serving up to our guest's expectations.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had to book this hotel at the last minute. The place looked inviting from the outside and it caught our eye from the beginning. However the intrigue was soon over. The front desk staff was not outwardly rude, but cold and impersonal. Te first thing that put us off was having to sign for extra keys(there were three of us) and told there was a replacement fee of $3 for lost keys. I do not think that has ever happened at a hotel and it seemed odd in such a nice town like Laguna Beach. So we had booked a room with two queens and the room was very small and very awkward. One of the things I thought was nice was the jetted tub in every room. It is in the room itself and not in the bathroom. It is huge and they squeeze it I to a corner of the room with walls all around it. It was treacherous to get in and out and I am relatively young and healthy. The tub did not relax me much as I had hoped. The road noise was very loud, it is located directly on the PCH so it is important to know to ask for a room off the street as we did not know that. The breakfast was free and only okay. Great to have the convenient parking, but I would have given it up for a better hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lora M

It saddens us to hear of your recent stay at our beautiful Best Western property. Our rooms come in all shapes and sizes with any difference in price attributed to the amount of ocen view you will receive. Thank you for the mention of the complimenatry parking space, too. It really can save our guests $50 + per night compared to other hotels in the area!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I only checked in an hour ago, and already I'm baffled. Please keep in mind, I do have a disability and use a walker and/or cane to get around, so that's my perspective. The free underground parking was a nice thing to see when I first arrived. When I checked in, I got a free upgrade to a king suite with an ocean view. Sweet! I imagined it was because the room they were originally going to give me involved taking stairs to get to. Well, when I took the elevator to the second floor (with my walker) and turned to go to my room, I saw I had to go down five stairs to get there. Went back to the front desk to get another room. After a few minutes of getting settled in, I started to look for the thermostat but couldn't find it anywhere. Called the front desk feeling like an idiot. Apparently, the A/C unit is located UNDER THE ENORMOUS DESK placed in between it and the bed. While I can barely reach the knob, the warm and/or cool air is just hitting the bottom of the desk and taking a while to circulate throughout the room. And let me tell you how thrilled I am about the very loud noise coming from the street. I'm just praying the white noise app on my cell phone helps drown it out. Right now, the only positives to this room are the location and the price for that location.

Room Tip: Try to get an interior room on the 2nd floor to help drown out the street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Spook55

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience. It is indeed a good idea to be specific on any request you may have prior to your arrival. Being a smaller, more intimate hotel, we do not always have many options to offer upon arrival but we do try to accommodate everyone as much as possible with any remaining rooms.

Please note that interior rooms are only available on the THIRD and fourth floor.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Convenient to everything worth visiting in Laguna Beach but just outside of the congested traffic spots on PCH. Clean immaculate rooms decorated with a beachy feel, nice touch! Staff is friendly and knowledgeable which is more than I can say for most hotels in this area. Top floor outside of our suite had tables overlooking the water where we were able to watch an orange sunset over the Pacific. We've been here a few times for a romantic getaway and can't imagine going anywhere else.

Room Tip: Top floor suites overlook the ocean
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbiststeve

Thank you so much for your beautiful review. We're so happy to hear you have found your special niche in paradise! The sunsets off the top floor Terrace Deck really are romantic, aren't they?

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are nice size - the spa tub was great. The carpet in the hallways was bad and the artwork doesn't match. Some is old style and some is contemporary. Very odd. Nice free parking and wifi. The front lobby is so boring! The staff was great tho.
The pillows are wonderful but the bed was anything but wonderful.

Room Tip: ask for high room and ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
dsg92651, Director of Sales at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel. And thank you for your comments on our artwork. Yes, we do have an eclectic mix ensuring all of our guest have a taste of something pleasant to admire. We hope you found something interesting, too!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel in Laguna Beach for work. It's a fantastic hotel and I would stay there again.

PROS:
Newly renovated rooms
Some rooms offer views of the Pacific (but with traffic noise)
Spa tubs in the rooms with free bath salts
Free underground parking (a rarity in Laguna Beach!)
Free breakfast with hot items such as waffles and eggs
Nice staff
Great toiletries, including a free mini bottle of Scope mouthwash
Close to downtown shops, galleries, and restaurants

CONS:
Finding your room can be a challenge, even with the map.
Thin walls (I combated that by leaving the fan on all night, which drowned out any noise)
I requested a "quiet room" on the 4th floor, which involved dragging my suitcase up a flight of about 15 stairs
There's no "spa" at the hotel, apart from the spa tubs

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank brezi

Thank yu for staying with us during your recent business trip to the Laguna Beach area. We appreciate you sharing your comments.And you are correct. The "Spa" in the hotel name is for the rooms having their very own private, oversized whirlpool spa for two!