All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleliterally stepsacross the streetboutique hotelocean viewfree breakfastbreakfast roomwatch the sunsetresort feethe entire staffprivate beachbeach towelsart galleries
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, very close to the beach. Rooftop bar overlooking the sea is lovely and has a good happy hour. The hotel provides towels and parasols that you can use on the beach. We stayed in the roxy room and loved the decor.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2017

The Casa provides old world charm, a very hospitable staff, great food and a wonderful location. Located next to one of the best surfing spots in Laguna Beach, it is a must stay for anyone who loves water sports.

2  Thank cycleman42
Katie G, General Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Cycleman42, thanks for the surfing tip along with a wonderful review. Glad to know we were able to come through and make your Laguna Beach/Spain visit a memorable one.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Two nights at La Casa and we found it just about perfect. I had booked the petite room and even my tall, lanky frame was fine. We were ready to upgrade if we felt uncomfortable but this was not the case. A portable AC unit kept the room chill. The brick bath shower was huge and one of the best on our holidays. The rooftop patio was packed and no draft beer available but we found the little 8 seater bar at the entrance was fantastic, particularly at happy hour where appetizers from the restaurant were half price.

And this is where the characters were. Three different locals agreed the menu is second to none in all Laguna Beach so we enjoyed their company and food suggestions, Our server behind the bar was superb ( Alexandria ?) It was a tapas type night just ordering casually over time. Then we were designated walkers to our room on the 3rd floor.

Breakfast include scrambled eggs with lobster bits, bacon, French toast, hot oatmeal, fresh fruits in a downstairs courtyard.

By the way, quality beach chairs and real beach towels are comped for day use. No need to take your bath towel.

Room Tip: Our third floor room faced the Coast Highway but noise was not a factor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Danny M, thank you for staying with us! We loved reading your review of the hotel, K'ya Bar and breakfast, I know your fellow trip advisor travelers will appreciate as well. Let us know if you return, we extend reservations at the Rooftop to our hotel guests when available. Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Been wanting to stay here based on the pics posted. So I booked a night for my husbands birthday. But now I can say "check in the box."
Let me get to the point...
The Cons: hotel parking was located across the street behind another business. Check in is at 4p. I arrived at 3:50p and no rooms were available yet. Since I wasn't in a rush, I didn't mind to wait. The employee at the desk was very sweet & apologized. She said she had one of the bigger rooms available. So I got excited! Well when we got to our room, I was sadly disappointed! The rooms were very small. We stayed in a corner room (108) it was very oddly shaped. My husband and I both stubbed our toe on the corner of the bed a few separate times.
The Pros: cute Spanish style decor in the entrance. Rooftop bar with a view of the ocean. Free breakfast from (7:30-10:30a) it's not gourmet, but fills you up. Staff is very sweet.
In summary, the pics make this place look bigger than what it actually is. It's a cute place but definitely needs some room upgrades. I don't think I'd stay again, but I might go back to the rooftop bar to watch the sunset and have a mojito.

1  Thank Michele C

We appreciate letting us take care of you and sharing about your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that we disappointed you, we do try to explain about our historic hotels by providing our guest with square footage and descriptions so that our guests understand that our rooms are on the smaller side. Thank you again for checking that box, we hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed here for our anniversary back in May. This place was beautiful. I thought our room was great and comfortable. Walking distance to the ocean which I thought was wonderful. Lots of restaurants walking distance as well. they even have there own restaurant. The only thing I did not like was the breakfast. The are where they serve breakfast was too small and not much of a variety in food either. For 16 dollars I was expecting much more. Other than that I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thank you Veronicadebillar30! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your Anniversary stay and had an opportunity to explore the area. The $16 dollar Resort fee also covers the wi-fi, parking, access to the Art of Fitness Gym as well as available beach chairs, umbrellas and towels in addition to the breakfast offering. We hope you will get a chance to come back and take advantage of everything we have to offer!