All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleliterally stepsacross the streetboutique hotelocean viewfree breakfastbreakfast roomwatch the sunsetresort feethe entire staffprivate beachbeach towelsart galleries
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Been wanting to stay here based on the pics posted. So I booked a night for my husbands birthday. But now I can say "check in the box."
Let me get to the point...
The Cons: hotel parking was located across the street behind another business. Check in is at 4p. I arrived at 3:50p and no rooms were available yet. Since I wasn't in a rush, I didn't mind to wait. The employee at the desk was very sweet & apologized. She said she had one of the bigger rooms available. So I got excited! Well when we got to our room, I was sadly disappointed! The rooms were very small. We stayed in a corner room (108) it was very oddly shaped. My husband and I both stubbed our toe on the corner of the bed a few separate times.
The Pros: cute Spanish style decor in the entrance. Rooftop bar with a view of the ocean. Free breakfast from (7:30-10:30a) it's not gourmet, but fills you up. Staff is very sweet.
In summary, the pics make this place look bigger than what it actually is. It's a cute place but definitely needs some room upgrades. I don't think I'd stay again, but I might go back to the rooftop bar to watch the sunset and have a mojito.

1  Thank Michele C
Katie G, General Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

We appreciate letting us take care of you and sharing about your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that we disappointed you, we do try to explain about our historic hotels by providing our guest with square footage and descriptions so that our guests understand that our rooms are on the smaller side. Thank you again for checking that box, we hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed here for our anniversary back in May. This place was beautiful. I thought our room was great and comfortable. Walking distance to the ocean which I thought was wonderful. Lots of restaurants walking distance as well. they even have there own restaurant. The only thing I did not like was the breakfast. The are where they serve breakfast was too small and not much of a variety in food either. For 16 dollars I was expecting much more. Other than that I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Katie G, General Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thank you Veronicadebillar30! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your Anniversary stay and had an opportunity to explore the area. The $16 dollar Resort fee also covers the wi-fi, parking, access to the Art of Fitness Gym as well as available beach chairs, umbrellas and towels in addition to the breakfast offering. We hope you will get a chance to come back and take advantage of everything we have to offer!

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Enjoyed the room, easy access as we were traveling with our small dog. The view is awesome, the breakfast amazing and the staff were very friendly. Loved the bathroom and the open concept shower area, great idea!!

Room Tip: the room was great, loved the hardwood floors, much better than carpet.
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Booked through Hotels Tonight. Great room. Very friendly staff. Recommend the Roof Top for drinks and awesome sunset then restaurant for dinner. Overall really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Great staff (young woman) at the desk!! That really made this stay better than usual - very courteous, friendly and explained all our amenities that came with Travelzoo reservation, parking instructions (just a block away), voucher for the rooftop bar which was great, and ensured we knew free breakfast hours. She even called to see if we might join the free wine tasting that was due to close in 10 min, and it still held open even after we re-parked the car and brought our luggage into the room. The room was funky but nice decor, including nice bathroom tile, even if the carpet was a bit worn. The only complaint was that the breakfast buffet did not seem to be refreshed regularly - at 9:00 when we arrived the bacon was nothing but bits, the eggs pretty dry, a piece of french toast was in another chafing dish. We didn't see staff close by, so we got some coffee, went to our room and regrouped locating a great breakfast place nearby. That was nice walk and wonderful breakfast, so all good - just not the "with room" one.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple