La Casa del Camino
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$429
$416
  • Pool
Art Hotel - Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$170
$165
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$339
  • Pool
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$175
Hotels.com
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$299
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$695
Preferred Hotels
$659
$593
Preferred Hotels
$232
$159
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish stylehotel guestsacross the streetliterally stepsfree breakfastan older hotelquaint hotelocean viewresort feewatch the sunsetthe entire staffbeach accesschairs and umbrellas
Reviewed August 29, 2008

After trying to find a room at several other Laguna hotels we struck lucky with this one. We negotiated a great price on a king beach front room which was beautifully and tastefully appointed. The reception staff were outstanding. There's a great restaurant on the roof where we had lunch overlooking the beach. Free parking was across the road and beach towels/chairs were supplied. After returning from dinner in the town the restaurant in the hotel was full with lots of people around the bar. However, there was absolutley no noise in our room apart from the sound of the waves hitting the shore. Breakfast was not included in the price but we ate at a reasonable price in the hotel restaurant. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Wilson080
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2008

Wilson080,

Thank you for your compliments about La Casa del Camino! I assure you the team will be happy to hear of your experiences and look forward to seeing you back in Laguna soon!

Regards,

La Casa del Camino...

Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had our wedding reception on the rooftop deck last week, and the view up there is absolutely amazing!! What better way to enjoy dinner to the sun setting over the ocean.

The rooftop deck seems like the happening night spot, and was always jam packed with plenty of trendy people.

It is a very charming hotel that is beautifully decorated, and there are always fresh flowers in the lobby. There are several couches so you can just people watch too.

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend in a deluxe room (#107). There wasn't an ocean view because we were on the ground floor, but the room did have hardwood floors, so our dog could stay with us. It was also convenient because it was right next to an exit door so we could take the dog out to do his thing!

The room itself was nicely decorated, and was spacious enough with desk, dresser, and armoire, a bench at the end of the bed, and also an adjustable full length mirror. The worst part about the room would be the bed--my back was killing me after the first night. You could feel the springs in the bed poking you in the back!!!

The service was pretty good too. The front desk was always helpful, but considering how small laguna beach is, everytime we asked them for directions somewhere, no one knew where anything was.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

noonie04,

Congratulations! Thank you for your great review for La Casa del Camino! We pride ourselves on the service and assure you that we will continue making this a great spot for locals and tourists alike...

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,

La Casa del Camino...

Reviewed July 15, 2008

Laguna's Casa del Camino Hotel has beautiful architecture, and a romantic roof top bar, and lobby. These however, did NOT make up for the fact that several things in the room were either broken, or shabby. The carpets smelled of mold, and were dirty and stained. The toilet seat was broken. The security lock on the door was stuck and would not work, leading to a embarrassing encounter of being walked in on while naked. I left feeling that this cute hotel was MUCH less than charming.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2008

After a LONG week of business in Anaheim, I stayed here over the weekend before heading to Oregon on more business. The location is fantastic - can walk to just about whatever I needed or wanted to see or do...great beaches, diners, cafes, spa, bookstore, etc. The room was very small, but adequate. I left the windows open and could see and hear the ocean all day and night. Perfect serenity...except for when the active crowd was going up and down the stairs and halls to the rooftop bar. A young, good looking crowd always in the lobby and around the hotel. Speaking of young, I don't think I saw anyone over 35 on staff. But, they seemed very professional and willing to serve. The room was adequate for me - traveling alone. It would be tight quarters for two people, but that might be just fine for traveling couples. The bathroom was very nice...bright white tiles and walls and fixtures. Perfect with the ocean as a backdrop. Only complaint was the noise out my window at times. Both evenings, I heard someone rummaging through the dumpster for glass bottles. Seems they took over 30 minutes each time. It was a bit noisy. Walls are a little thin, but that's what you're going to get with an old-style hotel like this. It's been updated nicely. I'd recommend it to Gen X folks, looking to hang out at a place near the beach and that is active.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank jkarennj
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Against my better judgement , I booked a 3 night stay here instead of at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I stayed here about 10 years ago and remembered it as a quaint and quiet getaway. I wish I had shelled out the extra money for The Inn, because this place was awful.
The lobby and restaurant are quite charming, but that doesn't make up for the tiny, shabby room we stayed in. The first problem was that our room was on the same floor as the lobby (on the "2nd" floor--DO NOT take a room on the 2nd floor if they offer it to you) I asked for a different room but nothing else was available. We heard every noise from the lobby and even heard kitchen noise from the restaurant. At night when people want to go up to the rooftop deck, they congregate in the lobby. Combine that with people waiting to be seated at the restaurant, and you have Grand Central Station. We literally had drunk people yelling outside of our door late at night. I will say thank you to the front desk for clearing the people away from our doorway.
We had a "partial" ocean view, which consisted of a slice of water toward the horizon and a row of dumpsters underneath us.
The carpet was so disgustingly dirty, it looked as though it had never been cleaned. And the room smelled bad and musty to top it off.
If you are looking for a relaxing stay, do not stay here. If you want to party all night and not get any sleep, and you don't care about looking at dumpsters and walking on moldy carpet, then go for it.

Stayed: April 2008