We stayed there for 2 nights in August and liked the place, but there were several negative points worth mentioning. Fortunately the pros are so many that they easily counterbalance the cons!
Breakfast for example is just amazing: selection of fresh fruit, croissant, egg/sausages and much more. We chose to take a tray and bring it upstairs on the terrace...what a view from there in the morning! We regretted not having booked a table for cocktails at sunset.
The location is great too, as it's on the main street and you can walk everywhere. And there are also nice restaurants very close.
Bed was super comfty too.
Then the cons:
- The room we got was very small and we could not fit our suitcases in it (at one stage we had to chose if to open the door or open the suitcase).
- It was incredibly dark in it. I understand this is done on purpose but it was hard to put make up on (me) or to shave (husband).
- The portable AC was far to noisy and we had to turn it off (but the temperature in the room was fine anyway)
- The wifi did not work very well and it took a whole day before getting the network
- We booked through Expedia and prepaid in full, but then we have been asked to pay $13 per day as resort fees. When I asked what they were, have been told they were to cover wifi, water in the room and towels on the beach (which we haven't used by the way). I then re-read the small prints on my reservation and find out they were mentioned. It was anyway a bit disappointing to be asked to pay for those 'nice touches' we believed were part of the full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a relaxing journey to the historic La Casa del Camino hotel located in fabulous, Laguna Beach! Walk along the surf as you explore the pristine beaches just outside of our hotel. Join us for hand crafted cocktails and a diverse menu at K'ya Bistro Bar and The Rooftop. You'll rest easy in eclectic and beautifully decorated guest rooms, join us for a lively happy hour, and take a swim in the marvelous Pacific Ocean. Included in a $16 resort fee, you'll have access to on-site parking, wireless internet, a daily breakfast buffet, and the nearby Art of Fitness Gym! Check-in is at 4:00 p.m. and check-out is at 11:30 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Casa del Camino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Del Camino Hotel Laguna Beach