“GREAT STAFF & LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Temecula, California, United States
“GREAT STAFF & LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

First off the staff was great. A very attractive women took care of us(Charlotte) and was very helpful at the front desk. We got the King deluxe room I think it's called and it was very charming. The room is small compared to other hotel standards but very enjoyable and the bathroom had a nice updated modern design. The roof top lounge was awesome with a great view. They have a free breakfast buffet that you can take to the roof top patio and eat while enjoying the view. Due to it's location to the shops/stores/restaurants and literally steps from the ocean this a nice Laguna hotel to stay at.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

La Casa is a gem in Southern Cal. Less than 40 rooms, everything is just a minute away from your room. The Rooftop Lounge is awesome and the food at K'ya is amazing. The Rooftop bartenders are a blast. The hotel staff always has my room ready. I always stay in a Surf Suite which is roomy and comfortable. Young, hip, and fun property.

Room Tip: Get one of the ten surf suites!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I looked at a three hotels while I was planning this trip. It was a surprise trip for my friend - I had some questions and clues for him, he had no idea, where or what I had planned. Historic or modern, inland or something near the beach, were just some clues for him to go with.

Did a little pre-weekend trip to Laguna to check them all out. La Casa won hands down because of many reasons, hotel reception, location and overall ambiance. They showed me my actual room, which was perfect cause we weren't planning on spending a bunch of time in it. Rooftop bar was great to spend early evenings before hitting the town for the evening. Breakfast was included in the great room price, hotel staff during the stay were very hospitable and so helpful. Veronica who worked in the breakfast area was as sweet as can be. The staff at the front desk were awesome as well (during my pre-visit with my 2 black labs and during our stay).

We will definitely stay here again. Kudos to La Casa and all hotel staff for making this a great weekend get-away.

Just an FYI for those thinking of booking - it is somewhat noisy during Happy Hour till about 9 pm, after that - pretty quiet except for the normal hotel noises (remember it's a historic hotel - so nothing is completely sound proof). It did not bother us at all.

Room Tip: We were downstairs - did not see a reason for a room with an ocean view since the ocean was steps aw...
1 Thank Mercedes A
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to know that your weekend get away went off without a hitch :) It was our pleasure to show you around our hotel and guest rooms, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Thanks again for your recommendation!
Charlotte
Guest Services
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked this spot last minute for a trip we had to Laguna area. Based on the reviews of the hotel and restaurant we decided to stay here. The rooms have been upgraded and although not huge they were big enough for what we needed. Bathroom was also very nicely upgraded. Rooftop bar / restaurant has incredible panoramic views with very tasty foods.

Parking was included as well as access to a gym right around the corner from the hotel. In the morning we were able to go for a nice walk down the beach only a few steps away from the hotel. There are plenty of great restaurants and shopping all within walking distance from the hotel. The staff was very nice and friendly. This is not the Ritz Carlton but we would def return to the La Casa del Camino

Room Tip: 3rd floor gives you the best views
1 Thank tchuck
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel has terrible customer service. The receptionist seemed bored out of her mind and was very unpleasant. The accommodations do not match the images on the website. Asked for early check in and despite being assured I would be contacted regardless the outcome I was not. The room was not ready when I was finally given the key. The bed was VERY uncomfortable. The walls are very thin. Worst hotel stay I have ever had. Hotel looks very lovely on the outside and has a great location. There was potential for this to be an awesome experience. Spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Spend money elsewhere
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Pelon19,
I am so sorry to read this review of your recent stay. I am the person who checked you in, and I apologize if it may have seemed as if I were bored... I was in fact very busy on the afternoon of your check-in. Still, no excuse for not being more enthusiastic, and you have my sincere apology.
I recognize you had requested an early check-in of 10am, which was not guaranteed. Check-out time for the guests staying the previous night is 11:30am, and we had a full house the night before your arrival. After check-out time, the room must be cleaned and prepared for the next guest's arrival, which can sometimes take a few hours for the housekeepers to get around to all the rooms. Our guaranteed check-in time is 3:00pm, and a request for earlier check-in is based on the availability of a clean room. Looking back on your reservation, you were granted an early check-in at 1:53pm, after I had verified that the room was clean and ready.
It is unfortunate that an earlier check-in was not available, and I am very sorry that this has caused so much dissatisfaction for you. Thank you for your feedback, and I sincerely wish you happy future travels.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte Gulley
Guest Service Manager
La Casa del Camino
Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We (my daughter and I) spent three days here for her Spring break. The elevator was not available when we arrived, so had to carry bags up stairs which was a bit unnerving and the room was very small but did have a surprise balcony and partial ocean view. That said everything else was great. The staff was accommodating and very nice and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The rooftop lounge was the bonus find. 180 degree plus ocean view and yummy cocktails (mojitos!!!) and very good service. K'ya was the in-house restaurant and I can't recommend it enough. The food was small plates style but everything we ordered was surprisingly very good. (Our waitress made excellent recommendations.) The best part was that the prices are very fair as well.
If you aren't planning on spending lots of time in your room, this is a super place to stay. Includes parking and breakfast which is very good. And lots to do within a very pleasant walk!

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean view and something with two beds might be larger! Street noise is pretty loud duri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay! My apologies that our elevator was out of commission at the time of your arrival... we typically try to assist every guest with their luggage, and I'm so sorry if we failed to ask you if you would like assistance. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room; although cozy, 301 is our only room with a balcony!
We're also glad you were able to enjoy the Rooftop Lounge and K'ya Bistro... your compliments have been passed along to the restaurants.
We appreciate your feedback and comments, and hope to host you again, should you return to Laguna Beach!
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A sweet experience with lots of charm. Cozy lobby with a fireplace and bar. Very small rooms decorated in a Morrocan-Spanish style. Super cool tiled shower. Rooftop deck for watching the sunset (blankets are provided when chilly). Staff is very attentive. No hair dryer? Give a call and one appears within minutes. Free parking in a lot across the street. The restaurant within, k'ya Bistro, is outstanding! You need to try it.

1 Thank bbnn