La Casa del Camino
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleacross the streethotel guestsfree breakfastliterally stepsquaint hotelocean viewan older hotelresort feewatch the sunsetbreakfast roomthe entire staffbeach towels
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and location. The Rooftop lounge was awesome to watch the sunset every day. The restaurant k'ya downstairs had great food and service, the waiter was spot on recommending great dishes. Overall the staff was extremely helpful and I enjoyed my stay in one of their specialty surf rooms. Hotel is just steps away from the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Right off the bat, I have to say that we did not stay at the hotel, we just enjoyed a cocktail and watched the sun set over Catalina Island from The Rooftop Lounge. It was such a great place to set the tone for a great evening, that I had to post a review. After dinner at a nearby restaurant, our server suggested the Rooftop Lounge for a sunset drink. We climbed the stairs at this older hotel and made our way to the lounge.

Immediately, we could sense this place had a great feel. There were people of all ages and walks of life enjoying a cocktail in preparation for the sunset. The view was outstanding! We had a lovely hour watching the sun set over Catalina Island...just beautiful! When the sun had finally rested, the people began to slowly leave. It was a nice slice of time, enjoying the gorgeous sunset with people of like mind.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I cannot understand the positive reviews, the pictures of this hotel are far away from the reality, I had a room where I could barely open my luggage (I had to open it on the floor) and walk around it as no other space was left, the sink was in the bedroom, the bathroom was the smallest ever seen, breakfast was horrible, served in a small sad room underground offering a very low quality food and beverage selection.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TuscanGlobeTrotter
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is difficult to put into words. It's old, which could be charming, but wasn't. The walls are so thin you can hear EVERYTHING happening in other rooms/hallway, etc, as if the people were right next to you. Our room, a king non-view room, was recommended by the reservations clerk because it was larger and some people think their queen rooms are too small. It was big enough, especially since there was not much furniture in the room, but by "non-view" they mean "you can't see out the windows at all because they're completely obscured by shrubs". The lack of natural light and dim lighting in the room made everything dark and somehow depressing. The windows themselves were old and a real struggle to get closed and locked, and the hallway door to the street didn't automatically close and lock, which gave us some safety concerns.

The bathroom was nice, but tiny -- seriously, it would be a tight squeeze for any large folks -- there wasn't even room for a box of tissues in the bathroom itself. Really.

We left a day early just to get the heck out of there.

1  Thank Kristen K
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction in the Deluxe King guest room which was recommended to you. These are indeed our largest guest rooms, and the majority of our frequent guests enjoy this room type very much, which is why it was recommended to you. There was obviously a disconnect on our part; I apologize that we misjudged what was important to you regarding what you needed most during your stay.
You are quite accurate in your description of the view from this room; when we labeled this room type as a "non-view" room, we truly mean there is not a view from the windows in this room.
I had our engineering supervisor check the street access door on the first floor, and we found that it does indeed close and lock as it is programmed to do. We do keep it propped open during the day for easy beach access for our guests, and at dusk we close and lock the door. We have occasionally found that a guest will prop it open, but we do our best to keep it closed during the night hours. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Your candid comments are appreciated, and we wish you happy travels!
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a wonderful experience at this fantastic hotel! From the moment I arrived I felt like I was in Europe. Everything about our stay was excellent, and I cannot recommend this property enough. Our partial-view room was stunning, with an absolutely gorgeous view of the ocean, the PCH, and the courtyard cafe. The room was beautiful--quiet, peaceful and sexy. The breakfast was excellent, and dining on the roof with endless ocean views is the best way to go. The Rooftop Lounge is happening, and it was a great place to spend a Saturday evening. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat! Yes please!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to know you loved your stay in our charming property, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!