All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleliterally stepsacross the streetboutique hotelocean viewfree breakfastbreakfast roomwatch the sunsetresort feethe entire staffprivate beachbeach towelsart galleries
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in September and overall enjoyed it greatly. We had two surf suites on the second floor with great views, which were far enough away from the bar/restaurant noise. The decoration was great, excellent attention to detail. I'd recommend doing the same. I can't imagine staying in a room overlooking the PCH is any fun. The rooms were warm and needed open windows at night.

The location near the beach is perfect. Parking is free in a nearby lot.

Two gripes: firstly, I echo the comments about the roof top terrace. We tried three times to use it and only succeeded once when it was late evening and getting cool and breezy. One time the entire terrace was booked for the whole night for a wedding and the next evening half the tables had been reserved by someone. It looks great, but practically it's useless to guests. And we were quoted $150 to reserve a table, exclusive of food and drink. Secondly, they have plastic cutlery and cups at breakfast: wasteful and tacky to use. Sharpen up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the possibility of hosting you next time you return to Laguna Beach.
Charlotte

Reviewed October 7, 2012

A favorite spot in Laguna Beach for me for over 10 years, this hotel only keeps getting better.
If you are fortunate enough to be greeted at the front desk by Norma, you can rest assured that your experience for the remainder of your stay will be top notch.
A small and cozy boutique hotel that has some truly unique rooms fashioned by local designers a couple of years ago, a great restaurant with a most creative menu and a roof top bar that is spectacular and one of the most sought after spots for a sunset cocktail in the area.
There are fancier and pricier hotels in the area, but why??

Room Tip: Inquire about one of the designer rooms with ocean views!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We would like to thank you for your business and loyalty to La Casa del Camino! It has been a true pleasure to host you over the years, and we are looking forward to many more of your visits! Thank you for posting your kind comments.
Chris, Norma, and the staff at La Casa del Camino

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Before I start I would like to say that I say in hotels on a weekly basis so I know what to expect from a hotel when travelling.
The location is great and right next to the beach - the price was good - the roof top bar and the restaurant are also excellent.
The problem I had was on arrival the room was presented to us as European in size?! – I’m British so I know what to expect and this was the smallest room I have ever stayed in and the bathroom was in proportion! – to make things even worse they have installed large portable air conditioning units that take up most of the available floor space + they make a real noise when running at night but they did reduce the noise from the hall and windows so I guess that’s a plus...
This was not the worst point – the room was located near the hotel restaurant toilet, lift and also the stairwell and so on some nights we had noise until midnight. At 11:00pm the kitchen staff took out the rubbish and did all of the glass bottle recycling. In the morning we were awoken by the refuse truck picking up from the neighbouring houses.
The door had about a 1-2cm gap under the bottom however plugging the gap with a towel was not much help as drunk people are pretty loud especially when queuing for the bathroom.
I had read the reviews before staying here and I put down the bad reviews to high expectations not matching a normal hotel...
I had a good look around the hotel I think I understand the mixed reviews.
Some of the rooms were quite large and away from any noise and these are the ones to go for, I would recommend booking by phone and asking for a large room away from the toilets, and lifts -we did complain and the response I was given left me really angry/upset as were unable to help they were visibly annoyed that I had the nerve to complain.

1  Thank SSID

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in the size of your guest room. La Casa del Camino is a historical Laguna Beach property, circa 1920. We have just completed an extensive room renovation this year, and have decided to stay true to our historic Spanish style in which the property was originally built. Some of our rooms are quite small (namely our Deluxe Non View Queen, and Partial Ocean View Queen rooms), however they are original to the building and provide a truly unique experience for the open-minded. We do have in-room air conditioning units that take up a little floor space, however we have arranged them in the room as well as possible, understanding that most guests prefer to have an air conditioned room when it's hot outside. We are sorry that you found this to be an inconvenience.

We have negotiated with the local waste management company to have them pick up the neighborhood trash later in the mornings in an effort to minimize noise for our hotel guests. Thank you for your recommendation to book rooms away from the hotel elevator and stairwell. We truly wish that we could honor this request for all guests, however, we are a boutique property with only 36 rooms; we are frequently fully booked.

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, and we are happy to know you were able to enjoy our Rooftop Lounge, K'ya Bistro, and our convenient location.

Charlotte Gulley

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I recently visited La Casa Del Camino on our first year wedding anniversary, we loved the whole experience. Hotel was very cute, and was located right on the beach. Front desk staff was very friendly, gave us some suggestions regarding watching the sunset at the Roof Top Lounge (arrive early to get a table about 5pm) and also night life (The White House). We totally weren't expecting such an amazing trip. We would totally recommend this place to all our family and friends. Keep up the great customer service=)

P.S. At the Roof Top Lounge order their Sangria/Margarita, we also had their hummus and pita bread, and salsa and chips...DELICIOUS!!

We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Casa del Camino oozes charm and atmosphere. The rooms are perfect - so much better than anything you'd find in a chain hotel - simple, but enough to satisfy. Who needs a coffee maker and a mini fridge inside the room? If you do - you're spending WAY too much in your room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed and the shower was wonderful.

When we first arrived in CA we found we had to pay for virtually everything. Nothing - really nothing -came free. And then we got to Laguna Beach and Casa del Camino ... a breath of fresh air. We checked in and were told where to park our vehicle. We asked how much per day for parking .... FREE. We were told about the breakfast served each morning from 7:00 - 10:00. We asked how much ... FREE. We asked the front desk staff where we could purchase some beach towels (the beach is a 50 foot walk from the hotel's side door) and were told the hotel had towels, chairs and umbellas we could use. We asked how much per day ... FREE!!!! And they even set everything up for you!!! Is this place for real? Yup!

The staff was top notch. Every single person who worked at the hotel, bar and restaurant was helpful and genuine ... always smiling and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate a guest.

I'm not sure how anyone could be disappointed with this hotel and its staff. I guess you can't please everyone - and I guess some people just can't be pleased no matter what. A bad hotel can ruin a vacation; Casa del Camino and its staff added to ours. We would wholeheartedly recommend Casa del Camino to anyone visiting Laguna Beach. If we ever return, that'll be our hotel - no question about it. We loved it and everyone associated with it.

Room Tip: If you want to save money - forego the view rooms. Your views are right outside your door - why pay extra.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay; from all the free amenities to our friendly staff. Your compliments regarding our front desk, bar and restaurant staff have been passed along and are very much appreciated.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again, should your travels bring you back to Laguna Beach.
Charlotte Gulley