All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleliterally stepsacross the streetboutique hotelocean viewfree breakfastbreakfast roomresort feewatch the sunsetthe entire staffprivate beachbeach towelsart galleries
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. We have just got back yesterday after staying here for the last 4 days of our 2 week holiday in Los Angeles. The hotel is right behind a lovely, quiet beach only a 10 minute walk into the gorgeous centre of Laguna Beach, with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants along the way. The area is super safe and we felt completely comfortable both thru the day and at night.

FREE Parking is provided across the road from the hotel where they'll give you a ticket to place on the dash.

The room was small but super clean and very cosy. It was a nice change actually from the other hotels in L.A. and Vegas where they are a little more generic. This felt more homely.

The restaurant downstairs is also great and we ate here two of the nights as it was so good. It is so good that even the locals come which means it can get quite busy so reservations are recommended unless you don't mind waiting. Of course, you could do what we did, and go have a drink on the roof top terrace, the only one in Laguna Beach I believe, while you wait. They served drinks and small bar snacks and is a must for the amazing sunsets!

All in all, a great hotel which we will certainly come back to and highly recommended.

We drove to Disneyland one of the days of our stay and it only took 40mins. We got there for it opening which we highly recommend as it did get busy after lunch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed at La Casa Del Camino for one night on my road trip to San Diego, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed for such a boutique hotel. When I made my hotel reservations I decided to splurge a little by staying at a hotel that was right on the Pacific Coast Highway and just steps away from the beach. This hotel had both requirements fulfilled plus free parking, high-speed Internet, great service, and a cozy room.

The hotel is located on the corner of the highway, which, at this point, is a two lane road through the small city of Laguna Beach, and a cul-de-sac. The cul-de-sac is very short, and ends up at the top of the stairs to Crest Beach, which is a quiet and not-as-busy area. I recommend laying out close to noon for great sun and fresh air. The hotel is also located just steps away from a lot of restaurants.

On the other side is the parking lot for the hotel. Parking is free for guests, but if you don't get there early, you probably won't get a spot. If not, the hotel will direct you to park behind a friendly business where they will not tow your car if it has the hotel tag, but you have to move it in the morning. I recommend driving up a couple of blocks where you will find free parking without the risk of being towed.

The hotel itself was very charming with its colonial Spanish style architecture. The staff was great! They were always very friendly and very accommodating. They even let me borrow a towel for a couple of hours after I checked out.

The room was small but very comfortable, and I really liked the large window that let in cool air and plenty of street sounds. The bathroom was very small but clean, and it only had a stand up shower for those wanting to take a bath. Other rooms may have a larger bathroom to accommodate this luxury, though.

I woke up very refreshed, and to my surprise, they had a great breakfast that was free! I've stayed in plenty of places that had a continental breakfast, but I wouldn't classify this as that because the food seemed to taste a lot better with eggs, cinnamon pancakes, hot syrup, yogurt, and the best oatmeal I've ever had. There was also plenty of fruit juices and coffee. To top it all off, you can take it up to the rooftop deck where you get a great view of Laguna and the beach.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and I am definitely looking forward to my next visit here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for your review! Your compliments regarding our complimentary breakfast have been passed on to the kitchen staff; they really appreciate your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

The staff at La Casa del Camino

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at La Casa del Camino for 6 nights and had a really great stay. Let's start with the advantages: an incredible staff! We received the best service and their staff is by far the friendliest in the area. Their beach service is incredible!! Chairs, towels, umbrella... all at our convenience. We have never seen beach service like this! Another advantage is the location...only steps to a great beach. The continental breakfast is very good, hot and a nice variety. The roof top restaurant is awesome as well, perfect view! Now, the downsides...yes the rooms are smaller than normal, but we didn't mind. A bathtub would have been nice. Laguna Beach is noisy! We enjoyed sleeping with the windows open but the sirens, cars and people on the street made it difficult at times. Other than these few downsides, this is a great place to stay. The hotel has tons of character and is very unique...definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our stay here was perfect. The rooms are small, but you have to remember this a old hotel with alot of character. The rooftop lounge and bar is perfect for a drink and a bite to eat, the view can't be beat. The location is great. The stairs to the beach are right behind the hotel and the free shuttle to town is two blocks down. The food in the restaurant is great, but you should make reservations. The entertainment in the lobby is nice. I can't wait to go back. I have noticed the changes the owner has made between this year and last year. The manager was on site making sure things were taken care of and the desk staff was very nice and accommodating. I notice this year they added a complimentary breakfast for hotel guest.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Mary W,

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure to host you and we are happy to hear you continue to enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Charlotte, Guest Services

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Rooms are 'old' quite small and basic but do have all you need. We were on the road side so car & people noise is present but not too bad.

In the area for a wedding we welcomed the location. The hotel car-park is across the road, always busy and with limited manoeuvring room not ideal but is included in rate. There is a 'free' trolley bus to town, which at peak times is busy but provides ideal transport for Pageant of the Stars and access to shops etc.

There is beach access a few steps away, roof top bar with district views and on-site restaurant - all get busy, particularly at the weekend and the crowd does impact your stay - some will like it, some won't.

Free beach towels and equipment are welcome additions and the staff are always helpful. The included breakfast in the morning in the lobby has a basic food offering and seating is limited but for a weekend or few days stay is ok, there is a more extensive offering in the restaurant after 9am

All in all, at the rate we paid this hotel offered decent value for money but is a basic offering.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brick_one
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear brick_one,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.
From your comments, it sounds like you booked one of our most basic room types, which are indeed a little on the "cozy side" and facing the road. While these rooms are well-equipped with everything you will need during your stay in Laguna Beach, we encourage you to check out the many other styles and types of rooms we offer, many of which are much larger and offer beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. I especially recommend our Surf Suites, which are each decorated by popular surf and designer brands - truly unique to our hotel!

Summer in Laguna Beach is definitely extremely busy, as we have the Pageant of the Masters, the various Arts Festivals, and of course some of the most beautiful beaches Southern California has to offer. That being said, parking in our small community is very limited, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of the Free Laguna Beach Trolley service to get everywhere you needed to go.

We pride ourselves on being the best value for your dollar in this sometimes very pricey city. Our complimentary amenities include, but are not limited to: Free Parking, Free WiFi, Full Breakfast Buffet for 2 each morning, Free business center services, Free access to the local fitness center (The Art of Fitness), Use of our beach towels, chairs & umbrellas (and we do all the set-up/clean-up for you!)

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, as it was our pleasure to host you!

Charlotte, Guest Services