“Great food, and a fun atmosphere”
Review of Tabu Grill - CLOSED

Tabu Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nye's Place
Description: The word Tabu is from the Polynesian Tongan people's tongue and means, "Set Apart," which sets the tone for this unparalleled restaurant located in Laguna Beach. When you walk into Tabu Grill, you find yourself in a lush oceanic oasis of blues, exotic purples and aquamarines. More lush than its interior is the food, a highly-sought after "foodie" menu prepared by Executive Chef Kenny Raponi and his sous chefs in an open kitchen that allows you to watch the magic come together on every plate. A multiple award recipient, Tabu Grill received Zagat's coveted "Extraordinary to Perfection" score year after yea
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had an amazing dinner at Tabu Grill. The food was creative and delicious, and the portions reasonable. There is an open kitchen where you can watch the chefs prepare the food. The service was terrific, and friendly. The negative is that the restaurant is small, and the tables are somewhat close together. We went early in the evening, but I can imagine in can feel quite cramped. I would definitely go back when I am in the area.

There are newer reviews for Tabu Grill

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Wow...what a meal we had! The waitress was terrific too. Such a great environment.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stay at the Montage practically across the street, (see separate review) and stumbled on this restaurant by accident. Where has this place been all my life! Phenomenal food. Take a seat at the bar surrounding the kitchen and watch your fabulous meal come alive. The food is extraordinary, talk to the chef and other sous chef's etc. Highly recommend this restaurant.
Started with a crab appetizer then on to the pork chop and braised rib. Fabulous.
Parking is horrific, but go for the food and the experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I went there for our anniversary , made reservations and went because of a friends recommendation. Food was terrific and loved the vibe! The only thing that left a bad taste was that the manager made his way to every single table.... I say with confidence that it was every single one because there were only 8....to welcome them and ask them how their dinner was. Every table except ours. He couldn't have made it any more obvious that "he didn't care we were there" being only but a few inches away from us multiple times during our 2 hours there. Perhaps not the right "color" for them!!! With so may incredible choices in Laguna, put off that we opted for this one!!!! Very dissapointed and shocked!!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

First the down side...parking is horrid. And the place is a bit crowded...I mean, the tables are set pretty close together. But while it's small, it's busy, and that's because it's good. If you can snag an outside seat, I would...

We started with the Scallops ($16.00) and Foie Gras ($22.00) LindySez: I will miss Foie when the good people of California enforce the ban come July 1, 2012 because it is so decadent and sooooo good when well prepared, as it was here. Hubby and I split a Wagyu Flat Iron Steak ($43.00) pricy, but large enough to share. They have a wonderful wine list, with many wines by the glass.

LindySez: Good food, nice vibe.