“excellent!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles
“excellent!”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Great sushi joint. Recommend the 88, 97, and Japanese Burrito rolls. The salmon was also very fresh and delicious. Price was extremely reasonable and the sushi chef was very friendly.

UK
“The most delicious sushi i have eaten yet.”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We ended a two week trip to california in Laguna and ate one of our last meals at Hapi Sushi. It was exquisitely delicious and we really enjoyed chatting to Pancho our chef. I highly recommend you check this place out ~ it is NOT a dive like someone else intimated in their review, but a low key chilled out AUTHENTIC place with its own character. It stands out in a sea of rib joints.

laguna707
“not so great”
Reviewed October 4, 2008

I was looking forwards to eating here, but was really disappointed. The rolls were wayy overpriced and put together in a way that was very loose, they were falling apart before I touched them, I came here on reccommendation but won't be back!

Orange County
“amazing sushi, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I have lived in California for many years. I have had sushi all over California and Japan. This is some of the best sushi I've ever had. The place is small and cramped. I always avoided it for that reason. It certainly does not have any kind of fancy atmosphere. It is NOT dirty, it's very clean. After sitting there and having a few drinks, I really started to enjoy the place. It has a beach cabana atmosphere and they play 60's music. The food was amazing. It was Japanese sushi, but there were Western fusion options also.

The fish was extremely FRESH. I have a very weak stomach, I often get sick on restaurant food. I did not get sick here, and I look forward to going back. It's easy to tell bad sushi restaurant. If it smells like dead fish, I suggest leaving. That's not the case here. This place is amazing, albeit simplistic. I suggest Hapi Sushi for high quality sushi in a relaxed California beach setting.

New York City, New York
“got terribly sick”
Reviewed May 1, 2008

even before getting sick, I was disappointed after reading these reviews. The bar was fine, a bit dirty... nice chef,, but I was expecting some fantastic california style fish ( I am from the east coast) and there was nothing very interesting or different. It seemed fresh etc-- but 4 hours after eating I had horrible stomach pains and well you know .... for several hours. I eat sushi 2x a week at home and consider myself knowledgeable, but I would not consider this a highlight experience based on the menu.

I had the halibut mint, lemon roll- it was fine, but not something I would go back for.