“Views on Steroids”
Review of Studio

Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: With a panoramic oceanfront location and modern french cuisine with California influences, Studio is the portrait of beachside indulgence a refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Set on an oceanfront bluff in the artistic village of Laguna Beach, Studio is designed to captivate the senses. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water's edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Maybe best location in all of the South Coast.
Great food and service to match.
Easier to get a tabe for lunch.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Anytime I dine at a restaurant with a spectacular location, the thoughts cross my mind, "Am I paying for the location only and will the food just be average?" I was most pleased to experience an exquisite dinner with beautiful scenery at The Studio.

My one and only complaint involved our reservation. We made a reservation for an outdoor table at 6:45pm. When we arrived, we were told that the outside tables were first come, first serve and we were seated inside. We had booked the restaurant specifically around sunset and were quite disappointed.

Our server more than made up for that though. Around sunset, he took us outside and took several pictures of us and as soon as a table outside became available, he offered it to us. Our takeaway was that even with a reservation it is beneficial to get there early if you are hoping to dine outside.

I ordered the John Dory and scallops and was VERY satisfied. I was told that the John Dory is caught off the coast of New Zealand. It had a mild flavor and was cooked to perfection with a hint of butter. The scallops were grilled and very tasty!

I also enjoyed a mojito and a Long Island ice tea. They were generous with the alcohol and both tasted great.

Most of all, I thought The Studio exhibited outstanding customer service and attention to detail. It isn't every night that you drop a few hundred dollars on dinner and your hope is that it will be worth it. The staff ensured just that!

1  Thank AsicsGEL77
MauricioSouzaDoR, Director of Rooms at Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for dining at Studio Montage Laguna Beach. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and am furthermore pleased to learn that our staff provided excellent service to you. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to greeting you as our guest again in the near future.

Gratefully,

Mauricio Souza
Director of Rooms

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I attended a company dinner at this restaurant at the chef's table. While I can't comment on the pricing, I can on all other aspects.

Restaurant is located at the hotel, right near the water with amazing views, no matter which way you are looking, out at the ocean or back towards the mountains.

We had a 6 course sampling menu which was paired with wine and was terrific. Kobe beef steak was top notch as well as the rest of the food. The desert was just ok though.

The service was top notch, and unlike other reviews, did not at all find it to be snobby.

Would gladly come back even if I was picking up the tab.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Located in the Montage Hotel, the Studio restaurant serves the best modern French cuisine in Orange County. The ocean view is magnificent.

1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Five stars for the view, the location, the grounds and the fact that others at the table thought the food was not that bad, and the service was attentive.
One star for my food. Averages out to 2 and a half stars, rounded up to 3 because the drinks were good.
Honestly, I don't know how they keep getting those high ratings. Over $50 for a piece of cold, dry, tough, swordfish. I have had better fish at fish and chips take outs. A small salad drenched in vinegar . Small servings of a few dollops of dessert.
The term overpriced is just not even applicable.

ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Thank you for your review of Studio at Montage Laguna Beach. Would you please respond to the private response I’ve sent you? I would like to further discuss the matter you’ve brought up.

Respectfully,