“Breathtaking views!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Studio

Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: WITH A PANORAMIC OCEANFRONT LOCATION AND MODERN FRENCH CUISINE WITH CALIFORNIA INFLUENCES, STUDIO IS THE PORTRAIT OF BEACHSIDE INDULGENCE A refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Since its debut in early 2003, Studio at Montage Laguna Beach has become a culinary destination for discerning gourmands and oenophiles alike. Set on an oceanfront bluff in the artistic village of Laguna Beach, Studio is designed to captivate the senses. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water"s edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine.
Irvine, California
“Breathtaking views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The restaurant is located at the Montage Resort. It has spectacular views of Laguna Beach. I love the lounge area with a fireplace right outside the restaurant where you can lounge, sip champagne, watch the sun set, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the ocean. The service is hands down first class...impeccable! We got the 9-course tasting menu. Everything was delicious and prepared by a well-known gourmet chef. They had a great selections of wine included in the tasting menu. This place is perfect for wedding proposals. I can't say anything imperfect about this place. Everything was excellent! This place is simply incredible!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dearly I

newport beach
“some awesome dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Perfect location especially if you are outside. Some truly incredible dishes and some so so and that should not be the point given the price point.

Plates were not warm enough for outdoor eating as well.

Wine is just too over priced.

superior service

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank waltermichael
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I’m glad you enjoyed yourselves but only wish your Studio dining experience had been flawless. Please respond to the private message I sent you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
“Outstanding food and service at the Studio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ate here during our recent stay at the Montage and the Studio lived up to its reputation as one of California's best restaurants. The food and service were simply awesome. As soon as we sat down, delicious bread and three types of butter were brought to the table, one of them made from goat milk. Never had butter made from goat milk before but it was exquisite. For my first course, I ordered the dungeness crab and ricotta cavatelli, and for my main course I had the venison loin and it came to the table exactly the way I ordered it, medium rare, and it tasted delicious. My husband had the cold asparagus soup and the duck breast and he too thought both dishes were absolutely amazing. The portions are not big so if you are looking for a lot of food, this place isn't for you. The piece the resistance was the chocolate sphere for dessert. I won't describe what it is here, you have to try it for yourself.
P.S. Yes, the prices are high but deservedly so.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AMAigner
I’m glad that your outstanding evening at Studio was complete with exquisite cuisine. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon for another incredible evening.

Anaheim, California
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

What an experience of over the top service, food, and hospitality!! My wife and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary at The Studio and we were overwhelmed by the quality of service and food. We felt pampered and appreciated that we would choose to celebrate our 25th at their location. It was our very first time and most definitely not our last.

• Visited January 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had dinner at The Studio while staying at the Montage. The service was excellent as was the food. I had heard a lot about the restaurant, and it lived up to it's reputation for fine dinning.

The location out on the edge of the water is very nice, but at this time of the year when you arrive for dinner it is too dark to appreciate it.

We were well attended by the staff but never bothered by them. They engaged in conversation and made us feel welcome.

Each course was well presented, with decent sized portions, and great taste. I had the beef tenderloin for the main course and it was some of the best I have ever had.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Fredbvegas
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
We are eager to welcome you back for another spectacular experience at Studio. Many thanks for your praise.