“Very formal, posh, elegant, fine dining in OC with steep prices to match - appropriate for a perfect special occasion!”
Review of Studio

Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: WITH A PANORAMIC OCEANFRONT LOCATION AND MODERN FRENCH CUISINE WITH CALIFORNIA INFLUENCES, STUDIO IS THE PORTRAIT OF BEACHSIDE INDULGENCE A refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Since its debut in early 2003, Studio at Montage Laguna Beach has become a culinary destination for discerning gourmands and oenophiles alike. Set on an oceanfront bluff in the artistic village of Laguna Beach, Studio is designed to captivate the senses. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water"s edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have only been here twice, for truly romantic, formal dinners.

The food is impeccable in presentation, and delicious - yet I'm not certain the steep prices meet my higher expectations of uber elevated fabulousness? Sadly, I guess I should be much more impressed with the flavors and taste of the highly specialized food preparation and combinations, than I actually am? But honestly, for me -  the dishes I've ordered were not SUPERB enough to be particularly outstanding and sharply memorable?

Please do not get me wrong, the food is quite delicious - maybe not justified for the exorbitant prices???Certainly, the decor, ambience, real estate, and image -  make this little boutique restaurant highly coveted. Service is of course, outstanding... They serve a courtesy petit taste starter. Then, leave you with some complimentary home made petit desserts such as beautiful chocolates and elegantly packaged candied nuts.

Expensively posh, regal, intimate, secluded, very formal ... The most elegant, fine dining with ocean front experience throughout ALL Orange County - make advanced reservations before sunset to truly capture the stunning ocean views. CLASS and formality are both a must.

The food is not particularly outstanding on its own merit - not without the bells and whistles of the entire package of the restaurant.

So just be forewarned that the fancy gourmet food by itself,  might not be as distinguishingly memorable as you might expect- but will be tasty, of course...

• Visited November 2012

San Diego, California
“Spectacular service and atmosphere but food is average”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We sat outside for dinner which was beautiful. The service was fantastic. There was never an empty water glass or thing out of place. I was impressed that they had a vegetarian pre fixe option which is rare. The problem is that some of the items on it were very average. My husband felt that the tenderloin was also very average. With just a few drinks and standard meals, $250 which could only be justified by the atmosphere (but not even) since the food was very average. For this reason, we won't head back there. As far as atmosphere goes, best restaurant I've ever been too. Sort of a shame but maybe it was just our particular meals that weren't that good. We won't risk another few hundred to find out.

Visited July 2013
California
“Studio at Montage”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I don't understand nor like the luke warm receptions occasionally recieved from restaurants hostesses or if restaurant managers just don't care, but for me the hostess sets the tone for entire dining experience. So, I was a little put off when I arrived with a big smile and a truly disheartening welcome from the hostess. We had to then be shown the worst available table that was directly in all of the server's pathway, in front of the opening that leads into the kitchen.

Our waiter was top notch and the sommelier was very helpful even though we brought our own bottle of wine.

Oh, the food? It was delicious and the reason I return to Studio time and again during every stay at the Montage.

Visited June 2013
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I only wish your wonderful experience with the waitress and sommelier had translated throughout your entire dinner. Please accept our sincere apologies, and reference the private message I sent you with my contact information. I would like to learn more about your experience so I can personally follow up with the hostess team and ensure that your future visits are flawless.

Todd Orlich
“Beautiful location for overpriced restaurant”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here only on the first night of our 4 night stay and the bill was over $500 for two. We each had 2 courses and a moderately priced bottle of wine. I don't think the food was exceptional considering the price.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sjbb12
Hobe Sound, FL
“Incredible atmosphere, good food but overpriced”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service and views are stellar! While the food was excellent, it is overpriced! While the food was delicious and well prepared, it was twice what I would expect in other fine restaurants. Every main entree was over $55 (not $25 as described per the online menu we viewed before booking our reservation).

Overall, it was a memorable dinner for both the experience and the bill. I would recommend Studio for the views and experience if you have no budget.

• Visited June 2013