“Nothing memorable”
Review of Studio

Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: WITH A PANORAMIC OCEANFRONT LOCATION AND MODERN FRENCH CUISINE WITH CALIFORNIA INFLUENCES, STUDIO IS THE PORTRAIT OF BEACHSIDE INDULGENCE A refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Since its debut in early 2003, Studio at Montage Laguna Beach has become a culinary destination for discerning gourmands and oenophiles alike. Set on an oceanfront bluff in the artistic village of Laguna Beach, Studio is designed to captivate the senses. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water"s edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine.
San Antonio, TX
“Nothing memorable”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is getting annoying. What more do I need to say than it was not that special for the high price they were charging.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Loretta360
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I apologize for any area that was lacking during your recent visit to Studio. I am at a loss to understand why your dining experience was anything less than spectacular and will follow up with the team immediately. Please refer to the private message I sent you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Boise, Idaho
“$$YUM$$”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a special occasion for us non wealthy/celebrity types. And by saying special...I MEAN SPECIAL. It's takes a while to get in, even if your planning on being a guest at the hotel. Each person has their own waiter essentially, or at least that is how it felt. Food was perfection and the wine was out of this world. Service was impeccable. I'm glad I didn't see the bill, as we were invited for a friends anniversary. For the 4 of us, I know it was at least 1,200.00.

Visited September 2012
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We look forward to being the site of many more unforgettable evenings. Thank you for your praise and commendation.

Warmly,

Stockholm, Sweden
“Fine dining..or The Emperor's New Clothes???”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We dined at the Studio during a recent visit to Laguna Beach. I wish I would have taken the time to read some of the reviews first. On the plus side, the service and the location is excellent, but the overall dining experience was absolutely not worth price that the restaurant charges. The price/value relationship is absurd. Our starting courses were nothing extraordinary and actually somewhat disappointing. The rabbit roulades were almost tasteless. Our main courses were on par with a good restaurant, but again, nothing that made you feel that it was something outstanding. The sommelier made excellent wine recommendations but we both felt the food was a big let down and not worthy of the hype nor the price. I was reminded of the old fable, "The Emperor's New Clothes". We left feeling a bit naked.

• Visited May 2013
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
It is our sincere desire to welcome you back and provide the incredible experience we are known for. We pride ourselves on offering a memorable culinary experience and I regret that yours was anything less. Please refer to the private message I sent you with my contact information.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Unique Experience is Priceless”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I personally love fine dining. We consider ourselves to be above average cooks with the help of a few cooking classes and all the culinary cooking shows that are available. For us we like our dining experience to include superb ingredients, culinary creativity, presentation and a memorable dining experience. Experiencing an evening in The Studio Restaurant was a once in a life time opportunity for my husband and I.
The charming cottage style restaurant is so nicely designed. The rooms are wide open so the walk to our table was with ease not having to go around other tables and chairs. The floor to ceiling wide windows brings in the natural light and of course you have that ocean view dining experience.
We ordered from the Chefs Tasting and Wine Pairing Menu. Yes this was a very special evening. The whole experience was phenomenal! I kept thinking I have tried to do meals like this at home and it would take me all day to complete one entrée. You can never have this kind of experience in your own home unless you have a chef in your family.
Each tasting was unique and delicious. Our taste buds were working overtime!
We especially enjoyed the La Belle Farms Duck Breast. Scrumptious!
To add to our total dining adventure every tasting and wine pairing was explained to us as we were being served.
The impeccable service, presentation, ocean view and atmosphere made this a night to remember.
Huge kudos to Chef Craig Strong and his skilled culinary team.

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not a value”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The setting couldn't have been better. The service was outstanding. The food lackluster.

We had the tasting menu with wine pairing. Great selection of wine however the courses were hit and miss. The duck breast was over done but the sea bass was ok. Asparagus salad lacked flavor.

For $500, including tip it's not close to being worth the money. Went to a restaurant the next night and paid half and received value for the money.

• Visited May 2013
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Studio, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I have communicated your feedback with the team at Studio who is very apologetic over your lackluster evening. We fully intend to make this up to you. Please refer to my contact information that I sent you in a private message. I look forward to speaking with you.