“Fabulous!”

230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have dined at 230 Forest several times, but my most recent experience drove me to TripAdvisor. Simply put, this is an outstanding eatery. I eat at many restaurants, and most I don't review. However, 230 Forest is a spot that compels me to say if you are in Laguna and have an open lunch or dinner opportunity- 230 Forest is a meal you will greatly enjoy. First rate, great food, great service. Love the setting, streetside Laguna. Enjoy it, I highly recommend.

1  Thank Khaneseur

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This once was our favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach. We would impatiently wait for a patio seat hovering next to the hostess stand eager for our table to open.

Well it's been several years since our last trip to Laguna. We were so excited to get a reservation at our requested time. It was Tuesday evening so the restaurant was not crowded. The wine suggested by the waiter was horrible. either open too long or just plain awful. Lucky we asked for a taste before ordering because we we not familiar with it. We decided to order the Duckhorn. Good choice.

My husband ordered the chef's special three course "Restaurant Week" meal. He requested the kale salad and the chicken jidori. The chicken was dried out, over cooked, drowned in broth and overwhelmed with the mess of stewed vegetables, yuck. The chef who sent out that dish should be mortified. Fortunately my linguini carbonara was good- though not great. But the Dessert was terrific! Chocolate croissant bread pudding - heaven.

230 Forest is still a lovely restaurant, but hasn't held it's high standards. Guess its time for us to try someplace new.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We've been going here for years; at least one visit every time we;re in Laguna.
What's really nice is that they shake it up a bit (change the menu every so often) - some things stay on for a while, some things go, but no matter what you order you can be relatively assured it will be very pleasing.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This place is great! I am a Lagunatic and don't know why it took me so long to try this spot. Starting with a perfectly made Manhattan. The food is all so fresh and tasty. The sea food soup was chocked with great fish and tasty broth. The cup was plenty! The salmon was some of the best I've experienced. Perfectly cooked with yummy greens. The Ahi Tuna tacos were also great and if you are a light eater combine them with a soup or salad and you are good to go. Service is just right. Not over bearing, but knowledgeable and friendly. Although it was a noisier spot with all of the hard surfaces it was not so loud that we could not have a chat. A reservation is a must and for sure during the summer. Right in the center of town so you get to wander in the village.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Crowded but worth it. Dishes were excellent, drinks wonderful and atmosphere crowded but delightful. We liked it so much, we went twice in the 16 days of vacation.