“worst meal of the trip”

230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cross street: PCH
Calgary, Canada
“worst meal of the trip”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was torn between 2 salads and asked the waitress for her opinion. she told me the kale salad was awesome, so I got it. She neglected to tell me that it was also the smallest salad ever and would not fill me up. My husband ordered a half salad and added chicken to it for an extra 5 dollars. The lady beside me ordered a full sized chicken ceasar salad which came in a huge bowl. My husband's half salad came in a small bowl with Gorgonzola, pine nuts and apple as well as chicken and was $12. My full size kale salad that had about 8 almonds a few dried cranberries and a small shred of pecorino cheese on top, came in the same size bowl as my husbands and was $11. We thought there was mistake that they thought I also wanted a half salad but when the bill came they had charged me for a full salad. Nope. We asked our waitress why the full size salad beside us was huge and my husband's half size was the same size as my full size, she told my husband it's because "kale is expensive" I thought that very humorous, I buy kale all the time, it is not more expensive than chicken, or gorgonzola, or pine nuts for that matter. We had to go eat fish tacos after because I was so hungry. I can't believe they were voted #1 on trip advisor, we had 3 meals a day in Laguna beach for 5 days and every meal we had was really good, except this one.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I love this restaurant and the atmosphere!! The salads and shrimp scampi are fabulous!!! The desserts are not to be missed!

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Very fun trendy place”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great place in town at Laguna Beach. If you are on the patio, lots of people watching opportunities. The food was very good at a reasonable price. Very casual: jeans/shorts are fine. Loud fun atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
Florence, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food and vibe”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great food, great wine, great service, great setting! Will return. Fresh seafood. Extensive wine list.

Visited September 2013
Mission Viejo, California
“Yummy Seafood Salad”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I go here a lot and everytime I order the same seafood salad. It never fails to dissapoint. The tables are a bit crowded together - hard to fit my guide dog in training thru the space between the tables but everyone is friendly and accomodating.

Visited August 2013